Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Looking for an alternate to my beloved tobacco/Menthol that won't require regular cleanings. I like Mahalo Oahu and POB, but the sweetener in them still gunks up the coils pretty quickly. Right now I'm thinking about trying Menthol with a little Cherry, but I need other ideas.

What's your favorite "low maintenance" liquid, and why?

Discuss! :)

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
I mainly vape 4 different create-your-own flavors, each a (relatively) clear fruit flavor. I seem to get anywhere from 18ml to 24ml before having to replace tank carto. I use smoktek cartos so variances likely due to inconsistent quality of cartos.. I plan to try boge soon as they seem highly recommended.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
I usually get a lot of life out of cartos filled with unsweetened Almond Horn. At a 80/20 mix that one starts out so sweet to me that I have no desire to experiment with adding more. Don't get me wrong, I love the sweetness of it, sometimes that's what I'm craving, but you can have too much of a good thing.

My custom (unsweetened) blend of orange/clove/cinn lasts even longer than AH, usually. I think the times its cartos die faster is due to the cart, not the juice. This is my go-to when I dont want sweetness at all. It's potent, you get a lot of sensation from those three flavors, so if I'm cranky it's a good choice because it feels the most like smoke to me. Even though it's been two years since I had a cigarette I still find myself needing a close approximation to it in feel, at times.

My other repeat bulk purchase, can't live without it custom is unsweetened choc/peppermint. No cookie, no sugar, just those two flavors. This is slightly sweet on it's own, which works really well for me. The idea was to emulate an after-dinner mint type of thing, but whether I've just eaten or not this one is almost always palatable to me. It strikes a balance between my other two main flavors and, as a result, gets used more than either of them. Added bonus, the peppermint not only adds a little sensation it freshens your breath. Awesome, right? It's lifetime is a probably slightly less than the clove, but a notch above AH.

To tell the truth, the only unsweetened flavor that really sticks out in my mind as being a quick killer is AC. I've discovered that adding sweetener to my choc/peppermint makes useful carto life plummet. Most sweetened liquids seem to wipe out my carto performance after running only 3-5Ml through them.

My initial experience with sweetened POB (I'm halfway through my first bottle) is that it's not as hard on things as the other sweetened juices I've tried. It still causes earlier flavor drop than unsweetened flavors, but not nearly as fast as any other sweetened things I've tried.

If you stay away from super-duty cinnamon and sweetener you should have pretty decent life expectancy from most flavors.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the responses. The orange/clove/cinn sounds interesting, but now you have me maybe thinking about an unsweetened POB. The hint of sweetness I get out of the tobacco/menthol is about all the sweet I desire. The peppermint sounds like a possibility too, but I'd probably have to mix it with something to calm it down a bit. I guess I'm basically looking for an interesting flavor with a hint of sweetness. Something I can use as all day vape.

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
A bottle of TV's peppermint all by itself is far too potent for me to enjoy by itself, but I do have one highly masochistic friend that likes it alone.

For my purposes I bought a 4oz bottle of peppermint doubler about a year and a half ago for adding a little icey boost to other flavors. I still have about a quarter of it left, that consumption includes giving 30ml to that masochist I mentioned.

The nice thing is that even after sitting in my kit for that long it still looks and tastes fine. This stuff keeps for a long time if it's 0 nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread