Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Just got back from blowing more money at the brick and mortar. I hope they appreciate the support, because their prices are OMG. To put it into perspective, The Standard is the cheapest they have per ml. They're selling Pink Spot and Alpha at a full $1 per ml. The Standard bottles are only $2 more per bottle there then I've seen them online, so I splurged on some of those. At least I don't feel as ripped off as I'd feel buying Pink Spot there, plus I get to enjoy some premium stuff. I got Dead Man's Party, Irie Nights and Franken Vape. Never thought I'd like marshmellow and kiwi together in a vape, but Franken Vape is some awesome stuff. And, because I couldn't help it after trying it, I got a small bottle of Pink Spot's Georgia Peach which tastes like just peach rings to me.

As for the brick and mortar, it's a cool, laid back vape lounge in NYC called Henley's Vaporium. Most of the people I've spoken to were pretty knowledgeable besides the girl I got today. She must have been new, and hopefully with time she'll get better. She just didn't seem all that friendly to me, where the others have been so great. Combined with their prices, if she doesn't get better over time I can't see her selling much. She just seemed very stand offish and even a little annoyed when someone else walked in and asked to buy one of their MVP 2, iClear 16 kits. I wanted to tell her she should be thrilled someone just came in off the street and offered to pay her $80 for one of those. I had my own MVP 2 with me, which cost me $40 online. She also didn't know which version of MVP they had, 1 or 2. I explained to the customer they were the version 2, and explained the differences between 1 and 2. The silver vs black fire button, the variable wattage feature.... As they're the only vape shop that's easy for me to get to at the moment, I didn't tell him where I got mine, or how much mine was. We certainly need more vape shops around, and I have no problems paying extra for the convenience of this one. I just hope that the lack of competition here doesn't wind up jacking their prices up even more, or wind up with more employees like this girl. One of their coils was also burnt up with a flavor I wanted to try, and she filled a new CE4 type clearo with it. I put it aside to let it prime a bit and asked to try another flavor in the mean time. She gave me this look that pretty much said "Then why did you have me fill up THIS one" I did try it of course, and in fact I wound up buying it, but someone should tell her she's burning out coils having customers vape right away on a new clearo. She's really pretty lucky I made out well for Christmas this year, or I wouldn't have purchased what I did from her.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
While doing (shopping) unto others, I also went a bit crazy for myself this Christmas. In the past few months I've moved from clearo tanks (evods and all variations of protanks to rbas -but still prefer not to use any genesis attys). I ended up with...

1x eVic control head
2x ego-T 18350 tubes
1x Vision Spinner 400 mAh (for stealth vaping)
1x iTaste v3.0 (just because)
2x Sophia by Leo (awesome!)
1x Slim Tank by Leo
10x ceramic cup/coil for Sophia
5x assorted steel drip tips
3x Stormy's ready wires in 2.4 ohms
2x IBTanked 15mm carto tanks
1x IBTanked 22mm carto tank with SS caps
2x ego rings
1x Killer 705 by Leo (won in a giveaway, woot!)
1x A7 mini
1x A7oid tip from Captivape
1x 2mm silica (20')
1x GP Spheroid V2 (had to have one of my own)
5x assorted liquids from Yaeliq

Whew! and here I was complaining about how I didn't want to buy a new XBox because it was too expensive ...

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
The original iClears are... fiddly ;) Most of the time, they work fantastic, then you'll forget to snug something correctly and they'll leak. One iclear16 I had, the bottom ring came ajr while cleaning and I didn't notice until I filled it with liquid, which then leaked all over the place. The iClear30's... if the top cap is tightened too much, it'll leak from the connection; if it's not tightened enough... it'll leak through the connection. But I still love how they vape.

Looking forward to trying the 30B and 16B... and pray they are less fiddly but still deliver a fantastic vape.

I noticed that my 30 has been leaking recently and leaving a little puddle underneath it where it's sitting or on the battery post. I just read your post about the top cap and checked mine and it was pretty tight so I loosened it and just put it on snug. I'm hoping this fixes the issue because I really like the 30 but haven't been using it because of this. I also got a 30s for Christmas which I like more than the regular 30. I like to keep different flavors in them though so it'll still get some use. Thanks for the tip!
Nice haul tinkiegrrl. For Christmas I got an itaste vv v3, iclear30s, iclear30s 2.1 ohm coils, evod 1.8ohm coils, and a vision victory 5ml bcc. I'm pretty happy with everything!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Discount Vapers Has the 30B coils. Whenever a new product arrives, it does take a few weeks for it to saturate the marketplace. Innokin's iclears don't get as much love from the vendors as Kanger, but perhaps the new 16B and 30B will change that.

Speaking of the 16B -- how does it vape? I like the fact that the iclear16B is now 2.4ml instead of... 1.6 as the original.

Also, be on the lookout for the unreleased 16D -- I have no idea what it is, but the last coil box I received from Innokin had 16B and 16D listed.

After reading this post I just looked on my box of 30s coils and I see a spot for 16d as well. Hmmmm.. I wonder when that's coming out and what it is? Mine came from discount vapers.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread