The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

When did ecigs become available in the U.S.?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by KISSfn, Dec 6, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KISSfn

KISSfn Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    I found out about ecigs by pure luck a couple of weeks ago because a local news channel was doing a story on them. How long have they been available in the U.S.? How much time have I missed out on?

2. dnakr

dnakr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    I first heard about e-cigs in Dec. 07. My husband told me about the report he saw on the news. My first e-cig came from Crown7, the only supplier then in the US.

3. KISSfn

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    Thanks for the quick reply! I can't believe I missed out on a year of vapin'! I live in a suburb of Dallas so it's not like we're in the middle of nowhere. I gotta get out more.

4. dnakr

Jan 25, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    LOL - many people are just now finding out about e-cigs. The fear is once the word gets completely out - how long before everyone steps in and tries to shut it down... It will take years for testing and to figure out how they are going to regulate it and in the meantime - what do we do? Hopefully we will be able to continue but only time will tell.

5. KISSfn

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    That's what concerns me. I find a great alternative to cigarettes and I wonder how long before big tobacco, or the government, pulls the rug out from under me.

6. Dukeboy08

Dukeboy08 Guest

I guess just stock up with what ever you can when you hear something like Big tobacco scared of small company making a profit on E-cigs

7. KISSfn

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    I haven't had a single cigarette ever since my ecig arrived. I think ecigs have the potential to crush big tobacco with the right promotion. But I also know big tobacco could crush ecigs if they feel a threat. Not even the U.S. government can tell them what to do.

8. Dukeboy08

Dukeboy08 Guest

Trust me I know.. I've seen too many stories and being from A Big tobacco state TN i know it's going to be A rough go for me trying to sell it to People

9. KISSfn

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    I wish you the best of luck.

10. Keef

Keef Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2008
    Scotland
    How long have they been available in the U.S.?

I saw a site selling them in Feb/Mar 2006 , it was written in english and priced in US $$$ .
    Afraid I did not take note of the company name as I did not know what they were and they were also very expensive $200+
    I tried searching the net to see if I could find any reviews from buyers but nothing turned up except a lot of sites mostly written in chinese.

11. KISSfn

Nov 18, 2008
    Rowlett, Texas
    Wow, that seems like a long time ago and expensive. Glad I didn't stumble upon that site as I probably would have bought it. I'm sure glad this forum exists.

12. Dukeboy08

Dukeboy08 Guest

13. dnakr

Jan 25, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    I know my first classic from Crown7 was $99.00 - found out later it was the same one e-cig.com was selling for $37.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.