When did you begin vaping, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
We're curious to know how our two worlds collided. Tell us how long you've been vaping, and tell us why you continue to do it!

Feel free to give us your story on how you started, but we do ask that you please omit any other business names from this forum...

so instead of saying I got my first e-cig from ******* you could say, I got my first e-cig from that idiot in the mall kiosk.

:)

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
I started vaping Sept 17, 2010 and I changed for several reasons. Probably the primary one was cost, because cigarettes here reached over $43.00 a carton. Being a 2.5 pack a day smoker I was having to without other things to smoke. The second was that I wanted to quit smoking and tried everything from patches, gum, cold turkey, a pill that was supposed to make me sick if I smoked and even hypnosis. I hate to think how much I have spent trying to quit but every time I was under extreme stress I went back to smoking. Most of the time I would last 2-3 weeks and only once did I reach 8 months. And that time I ruined my teeth from the nicotine gum.
I had gotten an email from a less than reputable vendor that was selling 510 type ecigs for over $100 for a minimal starter kit and had to sign up for a monthly supply of carts. Didn't fall for that one, but did buy from a different 510 clone manufacter that wasn't as expensive and was a refill type. Now I am using the eGo and it is so much better.

MICKEY100

Dec 9, 2010
WASHINGTON
Hmmmmmmmm, i smoked for 14 yrs and my ear doctor told me if i didnt stop i would proably loose the rest of my hearing in my right ear:( so i switched to ecigs and havent had an analog in about 2 wks, now just waiting for the surger they have to take out my ear drum to remove a mass thats growing behind it caused by you guessed it smoking.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
It was around valentines day last year - tried an e-cig at the mall. I was ready to lay out $250 for what amounted to a $69 order at an ECF Vendor - and my GF said: "Let's look online first."

Found ECF - and the rest is history. You folks at ECF rock! DonDaBoomVape and Kent C. really helped me.

I wasn't trying to quit my 19 year/1.5 pack a day habit - but I thought I'd give it a try...
Took about 5 weeks to completely give up the real thing.

Went from a Kr808 to and eGo... then a several mods until I found the right set-up.

My perfect set up now is a 3.7 with an LR306 or an LR 901/510.

I also am really liking the Leo.

Sweet Caroline was a highlight for me... and I still have a few iVape liquids in my arsenal... good stuff!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread