Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
When they either start to taste "funky" or when fresh juice in the tank goes dark. I clean them a few times before replacing and usually replace them when the silica wick begins to shard/ disintegrate.
As the coil gets coated in juice gunk they won't be able to fire as well. juice gunk has to be removed by soaking in PGA and/ or dry burning.

My Vision Vivi Nova heads last about 10 weeks and are still firing great but wick is beginning to fall apart :D

Last edited:

quiter76

Oct 14, 2013
Springville, TN
New one will taste better after "old" one is about a week old, 2 weeks will be significant difference. A month! Juice will REALLY have burnt flavor compared to new one.

BTW, we discussing tank type unit, or plastic clearomizer? I'm referring to the latter...and I believe the wicks and all are "contaminated" after a week or so...filling fresh juice into old dark stuff will still taste "off" till it's cleaned/replaced.

H Niemand

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Philly PA
When they either start to taste "funky" or when fresh juice in the tank goes dark. I clean them a few times before replacing and usually replace them when the silica wick begins to shard/ disintegrate.
As the coil gets coated in juice gunk they won't be able to fire as well. Juice gunk has to be removed by soaking in PGA and/ or dry burning.
That is the same method I use.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
I end up changing mine when the flavor tastes funky or very muted even after cleaning. I usually get about 3 weeks out of my coils.. but a few times it was only a week before I had to change. With my darker juices, I tend to have to change more frequently especially if I'm getting dry hits suddenly meaning the wick isn't absorbing as well any longer.

JacV

Oct 31, 2013
George
I change mine every 2 or so weeks.
You can prob use them a bit longer if you "wash" the coil in Vodka. It gets rid of the burnt bits on the wick. Leave the coil in Vodka for about an hour or so, take it out rinse it and your good to go. It wont taste funky cause Vodka doesnt really have any flavour, unless you use flavoured vodka(not recommended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread