The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

When do you refill your Aerotank?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Trailz, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trailz

Trailz Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2014
    NE OH US
    From the Kanger Aerotank V2 description:

"When possible, keep the tank full and never below 1/3 full of eLiquid ("topped off"). This helps maintain the "vacuum" in the tank and prevent leaks."

Do you go by this or refill when its almost empty? Also, what level indicates 1/3 full?

2. Davey59

Davey59 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2014
    Monroe WA
    I turn mine upside down and refill anytime it is convenient after the juice is around half glass or a little more (down). Sure it will go farther, and I often let it but I figure why wait.

3. Traijan

Traijan Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2014
    USA
    I too turn mine upside down and when the liquid is 1/3rd or less of the glass tube then I refill it. Honestly though I can't remember my AeroTank mega actually leaking when I've let it drop below the 1/3rd mark.

Another way to do it (at least with the aerotank mega) is that you don't need to turn it upside down and when you can see no more liquid in the tank it will be approximately down to 1/3rd of a tank. The way that I figure this is that when I fill the tank all the way up to the where it's level with the chimney inside, and seal it up then turn it right side up you'll see that the tank is now 2/3rds full where upside down it would show almost 100% full. So when I start to see the bottom of the tank then I know it's roughly 1/3rd full and it's time to refill.

Of course there are many times too that I don't bother waiting and will top it up if I'm at home and have more of the same liquid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.