When refilling or using blank cartridges ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
Hello all,

Tried to sign up on the "American" forum, but I can't get the activation email to work.

Anyway ...

After hours of reading and searching I bought my first ecig (DSE901), and it is on it's way. My intent is to refill the cartridges I ordered, and also order some blanks when PureSmoker is restocked. I've read/watched some descriptions of the process, but none of them say how many drops to expect a refill or blank to take.:confused:

Not looking for an exact formula, although that would be nice, but just an approximation. One guy talked about using 40 drops, then topping off with 6-8 more. That soulds like a LOT of juice for one cartridge. 8-o

Also, is there a way to visually tell when I have reached the "optimal" level of saturation?

Merus

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hello all,

Tried to sign up on the "American" forum, but I can't get the activation email to work.

Anyway ...

After hours of reading and searching I bought my first ecig (DSE901), and it is on it's way. My intent is to refill the cartridges I ordered, and also order some blanks when PureSmoker is restocked. I've read/watched some descriptions of the process, but none of them say how many drops to expect a refill or blank to take.:confused:

Not looking for an exact formula, although that would be nice, but just an approximation. One guy talked about using 40 drops, then topping off with 6-8 more. That soulds like a LOT of juice for one cartridge. 8-o

Also, is there a way to visually tell when I have reached the "optimal" level of saturation?

Merus

Hello Merus--it is best to use a syringe to fill your blank cartridges. Just stick it though the core and fill from the bottom up till it is wet on the top, but not pooling--Dripping to fill the cartridge does not allow for proper wicking of the core and is a pain. Hope that helps--Sun:)

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
Hello Merus--it is best to use a syringe to fill your blank cartridges. Just stick it though the core and fill from the bottom up till it is wet on the top, but not pooling--Dripping to fill the cartridge does not allow for proper wicking of the core and is a pain. Hope that helps--Sun:)

Yes, that helps a lot! Any idea how much liquid it takes? I bought only one 10ml bottle to try this out. How many cartridges do you think I can fill/refill from this bottle?

I'm want to stock up so I don't run out while waiting for another order. ;)

Merus

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

Merus

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
NC, USA
Kate's right, (as usual)
Your 10 ml bottle would last me about 5 days.
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in how many drops per cartridge.
You'll find it varies with use. When performance/vapor drops off, it's time to add more, and/or change batteries.

Good luck and welcome!

"About" 10 drops is close enough. It gives me an idea of what to expect. From what I can gather, I refill (with syringe) until the material is fully saturated, then I'm good to go. I'm sure I'll learn quickly what is best for me, now that I have a "baseline" to start from.

Thanks to all!

Merus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread