The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

When should I step down my nicotine level?

Discussion in 'Switching' started by okie219, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. okie219

okie219 Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Pocola, OK
    I have been vaping 24mg/ml for 33 days now. I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker for over 25 years. When should I decrease my nicotine and what should be the next mg/ml?

2. Maestro

Maestro Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2012
    Windsor, Ontario
    Go to the drugstore and buy USP grade glycerin and mix it into your juices and see how it works out. Try equal amounts of each which will bring your nic down to 12 and see if it's working for you. You might want to add a couple of drops of water to thin it since glycerin is pretty thick.

3. okie219

okie219 Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Pocola, OK
    Okay thanks for the input. I feel so much better in just 33 days. I want to beat this nicotine addiction ASAP.

4. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Use an empty bottle put 90% of the juice you like then add 9% Vg and 1% Distilled water
    I DIY so for me it was 1 or 2 mg down step each time started at 36mg/ml now down to 8mg/ml
    Ben at 8 for months going down to 6mg/ml at the end of the month .
    It seams the lower I get the harder it is to step down last step was two weeks till I stopped craving vaping more and it went back to normal
    We will see how long it takes this time .

5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you feel Good and do not have any Desire to Smoke, I wouldn't change Anything for at least 2 Months. Maybe even 3.

Unless you want to Eliminate your Nicotine Intake Completely, I would make sure you have at Least 60 Days Off Cigarettes before you change your Routine.

6. trouble1000

trouble1000 PV Master of Valinor Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Rochdale, Lancs, GB
    I've been vaping 24mg juices from day one. Now I'm almost at the one year mark. The only time I use 20 or 18mg juice is in a more efficient delivery device (like a Kayfun), the 24mg juice is just too strong.

If I was still using Evods or Vivi Novas exclusively, I would still just be on the 24mg juice.

If you do want to cut down though, do it gradually. Just keep some of the higher nic juice around for stressful times. Or alternate between strengths so you don't get massive nicotine cravings.

A friend of mine at work cut out nicotine over a two year period, going from 24 to 18 to 12 to 6 then zero. He said the hardest step was the final one.

7. okie219

okie219 Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Pocola, OK
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to give me your input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.