when to refill

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnlgreggo

Mar 22, 2013
Florida
Hey all! I am fairly new at vaping, 45 days and I really love it. My current setup is a Kanger T2 on a Joye ego-c twist. Running a 2.5 ohm head at 4.2 volts. I have noticed my juice darkening after a couple of hours. Not sure if I should refill about half way or vape it down as far as possible. Am I adding good juice to juice that is getting stale? Will vaping it down give a fresher more flavorfull Vape?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Try a wet burn! Put some unflavored, or just plain PG or PG/VG mix, to the tank and vape it for a while. Repeat a couple of times until the juice runs clear. PG is a good solvent and will help dissolve some of the gunk that's accumulated on the heating coil. Increasing the voltage helps.

And yes, get a BCC (bottom changeable coil) clearomizer like the T3 or eVod. :)

tnlgreggo

Mar 22, 2013
Florida
No more twirling for me! I bought 2 of what they call "long wick" heads. If they were long wicks I wouldn't have to constantly tip and twirl it. But I liked the warm vape and flavor I was getting. I bought some 3mm silica and 34ga nichromeand rebuilt the head so the 2 wicks actually go all the way to the bottom of the tank. Now it Vapes awesome. Vaping at 4.2 volts at 2.5 ohms on my twist. I have been thinking about the T3. Just worried about flooding? I will try the wet burn. I do however change heads and rinse and dry burn them every 2nd or 3rd day, I have 2 flavors I alternate.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Every design has some flaws. I had no problems with my BCCs ever, no leaking, no dry hits, nothing. But others did. Other people love their ViVi Novas--I had wicking problems with them, long wicks and all.

On the other hand, I have two eGo CC clearomizers, which are top coil and super shorty wicks, and they are fantastic. Great wicking, no dry hits, warm vapor. Go figure!

Whatever works! :)

If you change heads often, don't bother with wet burns. I use it only with my short-wick devices, like eGo-C atties and T3s and eGo CCs. Sometimes. Mostly I just soak the coils in vodka a few times and then I chuck them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread