When will my ego-t leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
Guess urs got punctured correctly 1st time, beat of luck, I don't want tanks to leak but in my experience with both plastic and silicon caps, they did. I beleive in the future when ecigs have replaced analogs all ecigs will be tank systems. Except for us old timers reliving the olden days with our cartos and dripping and our children will laugh at us for that and our lame music.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I received my second ego-t kit. This one came with the old plastic caps for the tanks. I've filled one tank up three times now, so when will this famous leak start to occur? I've read stories of juice leaking all over the place, and it was fixed with the rubber type caps.

Hopefully never:) Filling with a syringe instead of removing the cap piece will help prevent this.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
I beleive in the future when ecigs have replaced analogs all ecigs will be tank systems.Except for us old timers reliving the olden days with our cartos and dripping and our children will laugh at us for that and our lame music.

Funny! You know what would work? Tanks that have the wick pre-installed in them and sealed. Then you fill from the top. You'd be able to use the atty as a drip atty right out of the box, without having to mess with it. I've mentioned several times here, I have one atty that got messed up, but the coil is fine, so I drip on it. I'm using cotton to hold the juice, but if something better comes along, I'll try it out. So far, the cotton seems to be working fine for me. I can replace it with a fresh piece at any time. Doesn't burn as long as it's wet.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Hopefully never:) Filling with a syringe instead of removing the cap piece will help prevent this.

Oh yeah, Switched. I hate removing the cap. Every time I do, I feel like I'm going to mess it up "this time". So far so good, but it's probably living on borrowed time. Where can I get a syringe that fits this hole? Do I need a needle? Am I allowed to buy these things, or do I have to find a ...... addict?

VadimGod

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
brooklyn, NY
For those still giving the tank system a chance ill share.what ive learned. Yes refilling.with syringe.is.better than removing.the cap, that seems more prevelant with the plastic caps, order sin silicon caps. Refill with syringe, the.trick is to get a blunt or dull syringe, those are legal, though I haven't had any luck in NY. You can get hooded bottle caps with syringes in them. Also its safer to have a blunt rather.than Sharp.

Another trick I found but never tried. Find a dull syringe with a 2.7 mm external diamiter. Use that and punture a fresh silicone cap with that first. The needle in the atty is like 3mm which means it will fit extra tight and even pull upwards a little when u inseert creating a perfect seel.

I gave up on tanks cause i had 2 tank attys blow after 2 days use. im sure ill givr it a go again, but gonna delve into time tested drip and cartos first. also wanna try the MAP style of tank.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
this is the video with the 2.7 mm needle trick, it makes a lot of sense and i would love to hear what results you all have with it.

Joye eGo-T Leaking Problem Fix - YouTube

I agree. This fix worked for one soft cap that had torn. Another thing I notice is that when replacing or fitting the caps, not only do you have the center part that fits into the hole in the tank but the part of the caps that come down on the side should be 'smoothed' into place so they don't show 'white' - ie where they are not sealed to the side of the lip. I also always wipe the top before placing it in the atty. If there is still a leak then it's getting through the spike - either the mesh plug has moved down or the wicking is a bit sparse. You can 'rewick' it with silicone rope from a CE2 or other source - I've never had to do this but read a few posts where someone did that and it solved the 'leak through the spike' problem. I have 8 going that don't leak just using the soft caps.... Another problem might be power vaping - if you split your vaping into 2 or 3 pvs, I think you'll have less problems - hot ejuice breaks down viscosity. I'm also all VG even with the nic base.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
Going from 100% PG to 80% PG and 20% VG completely solved any leaking for me. The juice is thicker and, hence, more surface tension and harder to leak. Most don't recommend anything beyond 30% VG, though.

Also recommend syringe filling. 18 guage or bigger (16,14). Many have them, including Liberty Flights, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread