Where can I find Ovale Elips replacement batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I love my Ovale Elips, got four of them still working, and lots of spare tanks and Type A atomizers, will need new batteries soon ...

But I lost my best source for replacement batteries at a reasonable price, they sadly closed up shop ... :(

Joytech wants $29.95 each, that's a bit steep for me ... :shock:

Also, there is some confusion. There is a "first generation" Elips that used a different and more expensive atomizer. I have a large stock of the Joytech Type A atomizers that also fit my eRolls. The older type batteries won't work for me ...

Anyone know of a good source of Elips replacement batteries that use the Type A atty, for a good price under 30 bucks ? :confused: :D

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What is the Joyetech equivalent? I was only familiar with the older, proprietary Elips and didn't know they ever released another product under that name once the original version was discontinued. Joyetech has been heavily discounting and discontinuing a lot of eGo type batteries, so if it's a version of that I'm surprised you are seeing a thirty dollar price tag.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks for the tip ... :D

I like the SOLE design, but the overall length is an issue. The Ovale Elips is about 4 1/8" long when fully assembled, and slips into a shirt pocket without showing. Much better for stealth vaping and situations where an unfamiliar device draws unwanted attention (like US Customs). The SOLE is almost 7 1/2" long according to the specs ... :(

Curiously, the SOLE battery appears to have the same 2 pin connection as the first generation Elips ...

The Ovale discounted price on the Elips starter kit makes me suspect that they have dropped the model, so maybe they will clear out the batteries soon ?

If so, I will miss the warm vape and compact size of the Elips, and look for a similar substitute ...

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Thanks for the lead ! :)

Unfortunately, the Elips replacement batteries on the VaporKings site are the older "first generation" type, they use an atomizer that doesn't seem to be available anymore, and was much more complex and expensive than the common Type A ... :(

I'm just about ready to bite the bullet, and spend $70 for the Elips starter kit from Ovale, just to get two new batteries (and a lot of spare parts that I don't really need) ...

The Elips is really that good, exactly what I need for stealth and satisfaction ...

Too bad it never really caught on with most vapers ... :confused:

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Well, I gave up the search for a discounted price, and ordered the Elips starter kit direct from Ovale USA ...

e-Cigs - elips-C - Ovale USA

For $76 including shipping, I got the two new batteries I need, plus another charger, and more than enough spare parts to last through the next year ...

I just haven't found anything out there that delivers the warm quality of vapor of the Elips, small enough for stealth vaping, and fits in a shirt pocket ...

Ovale may discount this kit even more in the coming months, but my last set of batteries was getting weak, had to replace them now ...

Hell, I used to spend $60 a week for smokes, and my monthly juice expense is less than $30 ...

Sure hope somebody come up with a good, reasonably powerful stealth PV to match or exceed the design and performance of the Elips, and soon ... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread