bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Your local pharmacy.
Look for it in the skin care aisle.

If it isn't directly meant for vaping and sold as a VG for making e-Liquids I do not use VG from Walgreens or Walmart. Just me and mine personal preference though.................
USP is USP. It all comes down to whether or not you trust that the label actually matches what's inside the bottle. I'd tend to trust a multinational retailer at least as much as a small (even the vape "giants" are small by comparison) mom-and-pop vape supplier.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Look for it in the skin care aisle.

USP is USP. It all comes down to whether or not you trust that the label actually matches what's inside the bottle. I'd tend to trust a multinational retailer at least as much as a small (even the vape "giants" are small by comparison) mom-and-pop vape supplier.

That is your preference and opinion but I trust a Vape Supplier more than Wally World! You vape whatever you feel is right and I will vape what I make.

Reactions: stols001

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I have used 99.5% anhydrous USPG VG made by Humco that is available in many drug stores and big box stores. It's OK. Right now I'm using VG from Nicotine River. I was a bit stunned by how much better it is. Much better flavor, much better cloud production, much better consistency. It's pretty cheap but the shipping cost is crappy. I paid $8 for a liter of it...and then about 8$ more for shipping, blah. If you are ordering supplies for DIY juice I'd recommend Nicotine River though - just based on the quality of the VG. I guess you'd want to order enough to make the shipping cost worth it. Other than doing something like that you can also go to your local drugstore and explain what you need and what you need it for. They might be able to let you order it through them and have it added to their regular delivery so you don't have to deal with shipping costs. I couldn't vouch for the quality of the stuff they get but USPG is what you want and they should have it.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
That is your preference and opinion but I trust a Vape Supplier more than Wally World! You vape whatever you feel is right and I will vape what I make.
I mean, I get the whole "don't trust 'The Man' " thing, but seriously. Between Humco, and Trusty Joe's Vape Shack or whatever, both of whom buy the stuff in 55-gallon drums and rebottle it for individual sale, you're seriously gonna tell me that if only one of them has the will and resources to do it according to USP protocol in a certified clean-room, that one is gonna be the guy in the shack, and not the multinational corporation? I mean, there's informed-consumerism, and there's flat-out paranoia. Would you trust bottled water from Walmart? Aspirin from CVS? A bag of chips from Rite-Aid? What do you think they're putting in your glycerine?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
There are some outfits that swear they only sell 100% organic, gluten free, animal cruelty free stuff, and there are enough gullible souls in the first world who joyfully pay the premium price for it.

Even though it's the same stuff I bought last month at Rite-Aid during their Halloween BOGO sale.

It's all good. I just vape away right here, staying in my own hula hoop.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I mean, I get the whole "don't trust 'The Man' " thing, but seriously. Between Humco, and Trusty Joe's Vape Shack or whatever, both of whom buy the stuff in 55-gallon drums and rebottle it for individual sale, you're seriously gonna tell me that if only one of them has the will and resources to do it according to USP protocol in a certified clean-room, that one is gonna be the guy in the shack, and not the multinational corporation? I mean, there's informed-consumerism, and there's flat-out paranoia. Would you trust bottled water from Walmart? Aspirin from CVS? A bag of chips from Rite-Aid? What do you think they're putting in your glycerine?

I do not buy my VG/PG from Trusty Joe's Vape Shop and I do not use VG that states on the bottle for Topical Use Only to Vape. Checked prices on it at Walmart and I see no savings in my opinion. Like I said if you want to use it more power to you I just will not.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
There are some outfits that swear they only sell 100% organic, gluten free, animal cruelty free stuff, and there are enough gullible souls in the first world who joyfully pay the premium price for it.

Even though it's the same stuff I bought last month at Rite-Aid during their Halloween BOGO sale.

It's all good. I just vape away right here, staying in my own hula hoop.
Personally, I want what ever is in my juice to be treated in a humane and thoughtful way. It must be loved and cared for before it's bottled and burnt up on a coil.

Free the VG!

(Eh, raise it, kill it, grill it)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, buying from Walmart or a pharmacy would be fine, and as long as it's USP grade you shouldn't have problems. Is there a reason you don't want to buy it online? I do actually prefer DIY wholesalers, but it's really just a preference thing. I got a big vat and it was pretty inexpensive, and everything Nic River has sent me was great, so I was fine with ordering it. I wish I hadn't bought 2.5 gallons though, that was a HEAVY vat, I needed to break it down. I hear VG keeps a long time though... I like to buy in bulk, store and forget, and for those quantities, it would probably be hard to get them from Walmart, at least at the same pricing.

Yes, I have both a Sam's AND Costco card... buying in bulk is the way. :)

Anna

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I still have a bottle of Humco VG from about 5 years ago that's still crystal clear. I have no reason to use it since I have quarts of Essential Depot around, but I'd bet it's still vapable.

If you're out and need it quick, then Walmart beauty aisle is the place to look for Humco USP VG.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Humco is a massively huge company that actually manufacturers VG. They actual make it, not just rebottle it. Absolutely none of our vape supply houses make it, they simply re-bottle it. Most of these companies re-bottle it under conditions that are not USG certified therefore, even though they put USP on the label, once it is re-bottled it does not meet USG standards. Absolutely no VG in the world is made specifically for vaping. They put "for topical use only" for legal reasons but the Humco probably actually meets USP standards, unlike anything from a vape supplier.

I buy from supply houses because I buy in bulk but I would have no compunctions what so ever about using Humco. On average, it is probably even more pure than anything we can get from our vape places.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Humco is a massively huge company that actually manufacturers VG. They actual make it, not just rebottle it. Absolutely none of our vape supply houses make it, they simply re-bottle it. Most of these companies re-bottle it under conditions that are not USG certified therefore, even though they put USP on the label, once it is re-bottled it does not meet USG standards. Absolutely no VG in the world is made specifically for vaping. They put "for topical use only" for legal reasons but the Humco probably actually meets USP standards, unlike anything from a vape supplier.

I buy from supply houses because I buy in bulk but I would have no compunctions what so ever about using Humco. On average, it is probably even more pure than anything we can get from our vape places.
It wouldn't surprise me to find that most of the VG we vape is the Humco brand. I bought my first small bottle of Humco VG from Wal-Mart. It was fairly expensive but I needed it right then. From that point on I have purchased from Essential Depot. I have a feeling it is the very same product but at a much lower price.

As always, just my humble opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread