where do you vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

belecp

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Markham, ON, CA
Hi Everyone..There might be a thread already for this. My wife has never smoked analogs (tobacco) cogs. I have been vaping with mods for about 3 or 4 months in our home. She is definitely not pleased with the smell or cloud. She hasn't said anything because she does not want me to go back to analogs. I brought the subject up yesterday and we had a peaceful (sort of) conversation. I have decided to vape in the garage or another room. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Did you smoke in the house? as far as the smell/cloud, maybe get a different flavor that she doesnt mind and switch to a more PG, less VG juice as the VG tends to make more of a cloud. My mom never smoked, didnt allow smoking in her house, but since switching to ecig has no problem. <short story here> one time at her house i went to step outside with my ecig, out of respect for her, and she was like whats that(refering to my ecig) i explained it to her and shes like oh you can use that in the house i dont have an issue. we had a long discussion, with alot of questions from her, and she wants to now try to get my brother to switch. The only flavor i wont use at her house is a black licorice one as i know she hates anything black licorice. So again maybe find a flavor your wife wont mind :) oh as far as where i vape, almost anywhere. in my house, in my car, in friends houses/car(asking if ok first, out of respect) about the only place i dont is at work. i work for a school district and no smoking/vaping on school property, so i go across the street. not worth loosing my job over it.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
My family doesn't smoke and they let me vape wherever I please but they don't find the smell of my liquid selection offensive. My daughter and her husband don't have any issue when I vape in there house and the first time I started to go outside they stopped me.

Maybe you need to go after some different liquids because they all like the smell of the one's I'm using. Have you tried Nicoticket?

Either way good luck and stay warm because it gets pretty damn cold in Ontario

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Perhaps cutting down on the cloud would help. If you can work with a mellower power level and perhaps a bit less flavoring, or one she isn't bothered by, a compromise may be available. Less VG and more PG reduces the thickness of the cloud too. Some vapers use unflavored nic liquid, which has virtually no smell yet all the nicotine to keep away the cravings.

If you create a setup that would be effective for stealth vaping in buildings, etc, you may have just what you need to vape inside at home as well. It gets pretty cold vaping outdoors in the winter!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I vape about anywhere, but it is just my wife and I. If we have company I keep it at a distance out of courtesy. My wife and I both have separate computer/work rooms and so my RDAs stay at the desk. I spend a lot of time at the computer, so I naturally vape there. I do have a coffee mug on my nightstand, so I vape a draw or two before the light goes out.

I like to sit when I vape. Just finding my happy spot helps.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I vape all over my house. My husband is a non-smoker, and he finds the smell either non-existent, or pleasant, though there is one that he finds a bit less pleasant, since it's rather smoky; if I vape that one at all (it's high VG so I don't vape it much at all), I do it late at night when he's already gone to bed -- the smell is gone by the time he gets up to get ready to go to work. I also vape in our truck when we're out and about, and he has no problem, doesn't roll down his window or make me roll down mine -- in fact if I roll it down because I feel claustrophobic, he asks me why, since there's no smoke. My usual vape makes it smell like there's a blueberry pie baking in there.

For me, the ENTIRE point when I started this was so I didn't have to go outside, but could vape in my home. My husband knows very well that if he'd said ANYTHING about the smell of it, I'd have thrown a screaming fit on the subject of those who just WON'T be pleased no matter what, or I'd have gone back to smoking -- or both, actually. In fact, if he'd said anything about the smell of the vape, when I went back to smoking I'd probably have stayed indoors, rather than taking it outdoors -- to give him something to compare the vape to!

I also vape in my mom's house; she finds the smell either non-existent, or light and pleasant, and she has COPD, but the vapor causes her no problems. Ditto my aunt, though she doesn't have COPD, but she's a NEVER-smoker, and finds the smell either non-existent or light and pleasant.

Andria

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
I Vape where and when I wish to and if some place don't like it I will gladly take my money and go els where .
When they outlawed smoking at bars I quit going to them (think of the money I save lol ) when they taxed cigarettes
So much I switched to roiling my own . You would think by now that the losses in revenue would give them a heads up ?
I'm saving 6 to 10 Grand a year .

Last edited:

Drago1919

Verified Member
Never smoked in the house. Didn't want to and wasn't allowed anyway. Now I vape everywhere, and my wife just consider me a walking air freshener :)

Same with my family and when we've had guests over. Nobody complains. Even when I've visited homes where people don't smoke (or vape) they were fine with me vaping inside (when I do go around people that don't smoke or vape I just stay away from my dripper).

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Used to smoke in my house, but never on the "backside" (bedrooms/bathrooms). Quit the inside smoking just over 3 years ago. Now, I vape EVERYWHERE in the house (yup, even in the bathroom :D)

Very rare to vape in the bedroom, but If I want to, I can/will. I do still crack my windows in the car (no longer smells like rolling ashtray) to help the vapor dissipate. This will be my first full winter vaping, so it will be "less-stressful" if I can't get a window down because it's frozen with ice and snow....

Jmf444

Dec 6, 2014
Pa, USA
I grew up in a family where everyone (mom, dad, uncles, aunts, cousins) all chain smoked analogs so when I went home for Thanksgiving with my vape, I assumed my parents wouldnt mind. Boy was I wrong. Somehow the smell and smoke produced from the analogs was ok but the blueberry custard flavored vapor wasnt. I think my family just didnt like that my vape produced huge clouds and could hotbox the house in a relatively short time while their smoke just stayed where ever they were smoking and wouldnt travel throughout the house. Probably doesnt help that they think vaping is more deadly and dangerous than their cigs :p

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Belecp, I know where you are coming from. I started vaping to stop snusing. I snused where I wanted and when I wanted. Work, planes, grocery store, restaurants, church, literally everywhere I went I had a pouch in my upper lip. Now vaping produces vapor or what the uneducated call smoke. My wife said no way are you doing that in the house. One day I did a little stealth vape in the house. Nothing was said so I started doing a bit more and now I stealth vape in the house. On occasion she will mention the smell and she does not like it regardless of the flavor. She certainly does not encourage the vaping in the house but she tolerates it. I do not vape at work. I am in a position where it is just not acceptable. So with all that said I vape when I can; car, shop, (stealth) house, and that is about it. I still use snus but not very often. A can that used to last me a few days now last me weeks. By the way, stealth vaping is not a whole lot of fun but better than stepping out. Good luck buddy!

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Hi Everyone..There might be a thread already for this. My wife has never smoked analogs (tobacco) cogs. I have been vaping with mods for about 3 or 4 months in our home. She is definitely not pleased with the smell or cloud. She hasn't said anything because she does not want me to go back to analogs. I brought the subject up yesterday and we had a peaceful (sort of) conversation. I have decided to vape in the garage or another room. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with this.

I vape in the house, which has never been smoked in. It's rare to see people smoking in public places here, but in France you see vapoteurs everywhere, it's a really big thing. National Front leader Marine Le Pen, who might win the presidency in 2017, is a sort of figurehead. As you can see, she's not afraid to vape in a bar.

marine.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread