Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
I have some. When I get more wire I'll pinch up a micro and see how many strands I can hook through it. It'll probably look like one of those white shaggy looking mops. lol

hey hey hey... hey now... those white shaggy mops can hold a deceptive amount of liquid... which to me, screams great things for a wick... :D

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM

that is the answer i was looking for, thank you... i saw a youtube video where this guy was talking about cheesecloth, and i got why it could be an alternative to cotton, but when i looked at the date it was a year ago... i figured i would have heard about cheesecloth if it was so great at least once or twice, was just curious... i think inevitably i will end up trying it since everything is subjective... but that will be after i have exhausted at least half of my cotton supply... which i just bought a big ol bag of cotton from walmart a week ago (still havent touched it yet and need to boil, rinse boil)

so cheesecloth in 2015 it is! :lol:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Pincher Tool:

large-Lobster.jpg

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
for the folks interested in cheesecloth, i can def recommend it without a doubt. just make sure its 100% cotton cheesecloth, it should be white and is somewhat tightly woven strands. i prefer cotton balls but if i had to use cheesecloth i wouldnt be upset at all. just stick to your normal "very small" amount and feed it thru your coil. if its bunching up wen u stick it thru, too much. same priciples as cotton balls. and if you have a hard time finding cheesecloth, just go to any kind of "cooking/houseware" store and you should find it there.

also....... i didnt want to say anything.... but..

GoodNews...i am extremely embarrassed for you. to say the least. "revolutionizing" vaping is the last thing youll be doing bud.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
"one of those pincher tools" is called TWEEZERS!!!! You can probably find TWEEZERS anywhere...CVS, Walmart, a gas station, in your bathroom.....THEY'RE TWEEZERS!!!!! Are you positive you want to try to build a coil??? You're going to hurt yourself. There's alot of things you should know first. Technical things....and you can't boil cotton or figure out what tweezers are. C'mon GN, if you get hurt, we all pay the price.
Somebody needed to say this. Thank you.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Just out of curiosity, has anyone mentioned the importance of letting go of the power button before using "pincher tools?" Or were we just going to let GN short out a couple of coils (as a character coil building exercise) before letting him in on the secret?

Did I give it away? Oops.

You also need to let them cool before trying to adjust them with your fingers! I always seem to forget that little detail when rebuilding! I've got a nice little blister right on the top of my finger tonight!
But as I was looking today, Whia does make insulated tweezers! One for 1000v even!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread