Where in the world do you find one of those pincher tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Well GN did get his vape mail yesterday and had a go at coils but it does seem like the "Vape Black Cloud" is right on top of his house. I started reading through that thread but a threat from a mod of "vacations" has kept me from posting there. I started with his first post, read through to the end, grabbed my bottle of Grey Goose and rubbed my head with an Oi Vey!

I tried, I really REALLY tried back on the last thread we got locked but I can't keep watching the insanity. My wife is a rehab technician, in other words she doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold yet she rebuilds her own coils now and has great success with them. I don't understand GN but I have tried, I have offered help and he has actually listened and responded a few times, I have offered much better gear than he has which got me in trouble here on ECF but all I can do now is watch.

It appears he managed to make a Sub-Ohm coil using a needle and blunt kitchen scissors, couldn't check it because the black cloud got his ohm meter and actually got it to fire on his Ego Twist. He did post after that so his Twist didn't blow up.........yet! I don't see anything good coming out of this and honestly it's past the point of funny and becoming quite sad.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Maybe if you are doing something really small you could always us a miniature pinscher.

View attachment 293290
hahahhhahahahahahahhahahahhaaahahahahahahahaahaaahahahahahahhahahaahahahaaaaahahahahahaaaahahahahahha...........................................................BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHhahhahhahhaaaaahahaaahaaa...haaaha....haa.ha...aaahhhh

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well GN did get his vape mail yesterday and had a go at coils but it does seem like the "Vape Black Cloud" is right on top of his house. I started reading through that thread but a threat from a mod of "vacations" has kept me from posting there. I started with his first post, read through to the end, grabbed my bottle of Grey Goose and rubbed my head with an Oi Vey!

I tried, I really REALLY tried back on the last thread we got locked but I can't keep watching the insanity. My wife is a rehab technician, in other words she doesn't know which end of a screwdriver to hold yet she rebuilds her own coils now and has great success with them. I don't understand GN but I have tried, I have offered help and he has actually listened and responded a few times, I have offered much better gear than he has which got me in trouble here on ECF but all I can do now is watch.

It appears he managed to make a Sub-Ohm coil using a needle and blunt kitchen scissors, couldn't check it because the black cloud got his ohm meter and actually got it to fire on his Ego Twist. He did post after that so his Twist didn't blow up.........yet! I don't see anything good coming out of this and honestly it's past the point of funny and becoming quite sad.
I was an angel on that last thread. You got it locked.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Pincher Tool (with burny thingie)
PTRebuild04_zps2e16a999.jpg

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

I just dont think I could even go look at that thread. What a maroon.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Ya'll know what, if I do accomplish a decent, standard vape on an RDA without having to boil anything, torch anything, or use any tools that I have to spend $20 on bus tickets just to get, then I do believe I'll be quite the revolutionary on the forum.

And I don't see why it'll be a problem. Many seem to recommend a 16g needle or whatever as opposed to a drill bit, Kidney Puncher has pre-boiled cotton, you can fire a coil and have it oxidize just like torching it (according to RIPTrippers), silica may end up posing an issue, but I will indeed end up torching it and stuff if I absolutely can't get the taste out - though I'd have problems believing that Cisco torches the silica they use (but who knows, they may) and their silica tasted fine to me.

I do think that if I could narrow down the required tools and elements down to one or two websites (for every tool and material required), and using methods that older vapers and less experienced vapers alike would feel comfortable with in their own homes (for example, how many widowed old ladies own a torch or would begin to use one? how many own a 3/32 drill bit? What if someone's in a wheelchair and they don't feel like leaving their home?), then I think I'd actually make a pretty revolutional step-by-step, link-by-link method.

I mean, sure, there are some Youtube videos out there that do a pretty good job of it, but most of them do have some step that I personally would not care for trying, or many of them don't dive into the specifics about exactly what to look for when placing coils near the air-hole, or what type of air-hole diameters generally correlate to what type of flavor or throat hit, and generally what are some good features to look for in an RDA that helps the new user get the best experience. I'll be posting all of that, if I get it to work. If I get a set-up that doesn't taste like a wick, then trust me, I'll be over the moon about it, and my reputation here will obviously see to it that everyone and their mother will want to try whatever coil and wick set-up I have because I'm the person who thinks all vaping devices are utter crap.

Now, granted, I'm sure every grandma probably won't be rebuilding coils anyway, but you know, in general, what's stopped me from trying out RDA's is A. It's annoying. and B. When it comes down to it, even though rebuilding is nothing that my mind can't comprehend, the facts are that the possibilities are endless with RDA'ing, and that's why you can't ask one question about RDA'ing on this forum without 14 answers that all contradict each other. Even for an educated person who has watched plenty of videos and knows the general factors, when you read something that completely contradicts something else, then it gets confusing, and you don't really know what to expect until you try it yourself.

So that's why I want to be someone who really at least narrows things down for new coil builders. Someone else can go ahead and do it if they like, I'd sure appreciate it. But so far, the information on this forum about it, and on Youtube, has, to me, at best only been about %75 of the questions, theories, and techniques I think about and ask myself when it comes to RDA'ing; the rest of it is a bit too confusing or actually completely contradictory. The trickiest part will be trying to test out different air-hole diameters, but I do have a local shop that will help me out with that (and for those that don't, I'll be including how Kidney Puncher does custom air-hole drilling!)

Overall, again, I mean truly, I would have liked to have seen a thread, preferrably stickied, which could explain each essential part of building a coil and setting up a stock RDA using easy methods. If it is indeed a possibility. I will see, and I can't promise anything. But if I'm going to keep to vaping, I'm going to have to do it for myself, I'm going to have to find easier methods, I'm going to have to see what I can accomplish. I will indeed go farther than that for experimenation's sake, but I want to find a build that I can tell people "Order this from this.com, wrap this, insert this, and vape." At the very most, I want people to only have to clean their tank with some rubbing alcohol. No torching, no boiling, no drills, no drill bits, nothing complex, just an easy, standard build.

Sure, my methods may end up requiring products from vendors who are willing to boil cotton and charge extra, vendors that are willing to drill out air-holes before shipping, vendors that do stock very precise gear, but I'd rather post those links than have vapers feeling as overwhelmed as I have before. I mean, pretty much, even to this moment, I say "F" it and I ordered so much junk that there's no way I'll fail. I probably won't even use half of it. But that's what it takes. For those that can't spend around $100 like I just did, then I want to see if I can narrow that budget down to around $50, telling people exactly which gauges, wicks, RDA's, wrapping tools, and mess worked for me. No guesswork.

You know those sets of really tiny screwdrivers? Come in a plastic case? Cost like a buck or two. Largest one works well for microcoils. Had several sets just lying around the house.

I think most tools needs for coils can be found at the hardware store, or WalMart.

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
As you can see there's a blunt and a pointy end on the reverse pinchy pincher pinchtool. I like using the pointy end for straightening out coil windings and the blunt end for precision dripping. It acts as a spoony spooner spoontool all by itself and I get consistent drops with it like nothing else.
Or pick my nose with it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
As you can see there's a blunt and a pointy end on the reverse pinchy pincher pinchtool. I like using the pointy end for straightening out coil windings and the blunt end for precision dripping. It acts as a spoony spooner spoontool all by itself and I get consistent drops with it like nothing else.
Or pick my nose with it.

Gotcha.

A Combination RPT and Nose Picker.

Wow! What a Wonderful Age we Live In!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread