Where on earth can I find a good mech mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
I've been looking into purchasing a real, non clone, non china mech mod but you literally cannot find them anywhere (as anyone who has one most likely knows). The most available seem to be made in the Philippines and I don't know really even about those. So my question is, where, as of now, can I find a nice mech mod?

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
They're mass produced in very high volumes, not very little at a time or made to order like the real mods so quality is greatly compromised.

So are Ferraris and Porches. Last i heard Lamborghinis werent made in single units either, but hey i could be wrong. There could be an old man meticulously building a lambo in his backyard right now.

Of course its your money and your preference so buy what you like. But im puzzled and slightly bothered by the mindset many people have that China made clones are inferior in quality with little to no evidence to back it up.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
@smillett_vox

Sig#8, Qorax gold copy.jpg

It's a Chinese... but man, sooooo good - just like the iPhone in ur hand/avatar!

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Just curious... where do you think the phone in your avatar pic was manufactured?

Lol i was just gonna say.

I think i read somewhere that in the past the US (or at least part of it) implemented a policy to shun Chinese goods and suffered so tremendously from it instantly that they scrapped the idea right away.

smillett_vox

Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Vernon, CT, USA
So because I'm not a huge fan of cheap Chinese clones, I am wrong to have anything else made in china? My point is I don't buy knockoffs of anything and I make a point of it simply because I want to know what I'm getting and if I don't get the product as it was meant to be (defects, bad workmanship, anything wrong at all) then I like to have a solid warranty to send it back with. Is that so wrong?

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
No, im not saying youre wrong. Like i said, its your money (maybe?) so get whatever you want.

Im simply saying that shunning China clones for quality reasons is ungrounded and not smart, and you may be wasting your money. I can understand if it is for collection purposes, but the quality argument is just incorrect in so many ways.

I may sound like a nit at times like this, but i tend to require everyone to actually know what theyre paying for, why theyre paying for it instead of jumping the gun on the expensive things blindly believing that they are better. Why are they better? What makes them worth it? How do they fare with the clones? What are you looking for in the product?

Do you know the difference between $200 mech and a $30 one? Understand how it affects your vape? In what way? How many alternatives are there and what are the pros and cons of each? What is your preference order in regards to those pros and cons? (decision theory? Anybody?)

Spending money is not bad; after all thats the only reason why you are making money. Making an uninformed decision to spend money, thats bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread