Where the hell do I put my E-Cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
So I had been using the tiny condom pocket in my jeans to hold my e-cigarette for the longest time.

At work I like to keep it in my pocket because I forget it at the desk if I go to smoke. At home I like it on my desk because I rarely go out into the cold to smoke anymore, however it would drip on my desk or roll off or just get lost.

Well... I THINK I have solved my problem for both situations, at home and at work!

Solution One:

img_7858.jpg

This puppy goes on my desk at home, and it works great! Who woulda thought how cool a CLEAN ash tray can look too, lol. So yes I put my E-Cig into a Anaolog cig holder lol... But now I always know where it is, if the liquid leaks it is in a glass cleanable container and it just looks kinda nifty. Plus the angle it holds it at allows me to keep it with the cartridge downward to avoid flooding the atomizer or battery! It is a little weird to smoke inside still because of the lack of burning you don't always put it down in the ashtray for certain things, but it works for what I need which is a place to keep it between uses!(while keeping my desk clutter free)

Second solution:

img_7857.jpg

This is not my idea and more of a WOW thank god I got one of these. I had tried out a bunch of carrying cases, and I found the ones with the felt and the slots to place your ecig in were hard to navigate when holding it in your hand and trying to pull apart your e-cig to put it in or take it out to assemble it. I also noticed that if it leaked any fluid the felt would hold the fluid and the next time I put my e-cig in it, BLAMO soaked cig. That sucked! So I picked up the Dura Portable Charger Case, and holy crapola, who woulda thought this thing was soo small.

Literally this thing is the height of a pack of say Virginia slims and much skinnier width wise!

Not only that but because it is a charger it literally keeps my battery good all day! No longer needing to bring my chargers to work is a plus. I love the feel in my pocket, smaller than a pack of smokes and doesn't crush like the fake packs given with certain DSE901's. It also allows me to go back to my routine of having something to take out and assemble before smoking.... like taking out a cigarette and lighting it.

Also I no longer get the "wet cigarette" problem and I can carry 2 ectra carts instead of carrying a liquid bottle during the day, and looking extremely odd filling it up outside with the smokers.

So that is where the hell I put my E-Cigarette!

------
Post taken from my blog at esmoking101.com

Last edited:

scythe944

Verified Member
I've been thinking about a solution for the same problem....

epuffer.com gives a carrier for the e-cig with a "package" purchase.

However, I've heard of other real smokers keeping an empty pack of smokes to put their e-cig in.

I haven't really figured out the best solution yet, but hopefully, others will chime in soon.

Maybe this is a nice niche market to make money on though...

I'm an IT tech, and can obviously make a decent website to sell this stuff with, but if someone creates a great solution to this problem, it could be sold to all e-smokers out there. That's a lot of cash...

Let me know what you find out.

Maybe one day I'll get a store that sells the "best e-cig holder." Or maybe you will. E-smoking is still new, so we "as the pioneers" create the best ideas as we go.

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
One thing I like about the PCC is that I can disasemble my esmoke giving me something to do before and after i am done smoking. Kinda like lighting my cig and flicking it out.

However, sometimes I wish there was a case that held my entire smoke in one piece.

Like a skinny version of the ones they have now..

I want it to be hardshell too.

The problem with epuffers cases:
ecigarette_hard_case_open.jpg

That felt doesn't absorb a leak here or there and eventually it smears your entire e-cig..

Bellinghamster

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Bellingham, WA USA
The Janty Dura PCC [shown in the previous post] is a great solution for that model, and the case I bought from Steve at PureSmoker for my Pilot [M-401] is also very good!

I've also had good success with traditional cigarette cases and cutting foam to fit the atts/batts/carts for different super-minis.

The thing all the commercially available cases seem to miss is the fact that I do not want to assemble my e-cig every time I use it, I want it available *immediately*. Trying to asemble an e-cig while driving is not recommended, and all the additional teardown/assembly can't be good for the connections.

I realize this might not make your 901 case fit in a jeans pocket, but I'd like that option please :)

Last edited:

tr1age

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
New York, New York
alttabme.com
The Janty Dura PCC [shown in the previous post] is a great solution for that model, and the case I bought from Steve at PureSmoker for my Pilot [M-401] is also very good!

I've also had good success with traditional cigarette cases and cutting foam to fit the atts/batts/carts for different super-minis.

The thing all the commercially available cases seem to miss is the fact that I do not want to assemble my e-cig every time I use it, I want it available *immediately*. Trying to asemble an e-cig while driving is not recommended, and all the additional teardown/assembly can't be good for the connections.

I realize this might not make your 901 case fit in a jeans pocket, but I'd like that option please :)

I can see your point, but as well, without the charger case I am disassembling my battery a lot during the day anyway to make sure it holds a charge. So I doubt the wear and tear is that much different.

However I DO agree while driving, MY GOD that is a pain in the .....

Does that work for a dse901?

The Janty charger does not work for the DSE901, they have different connectors. Sorry Providence.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
How about a necklace like a coaches whistle. just puff it and drop it,.......Just spitballing. I keep mine in my front shirt pocket where I kept my analogs. just ordered a case for the back pocket though. Val55 posted a pic of her very cool case and I ordered it off of e-bay for $5.50 shipped.http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rst-dealings-janty-img00045-20090208-0838.jpg sellers ID is pingonlines.

Also check out this post, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/4651-my-case-mod.html, it will hold a complete pen style.

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Somebody was asking for a case to hold a fully assembled 901:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/4651-my-case-mod-4.html#post73463

I didn't see anything like that for the penstyle....but I imagine the case would have to be quite long to carry one assembled. I have been using one of those soft, open top eyeglass cases ($2 at walgreens). I have carried 4 fully assembled pens in there but it's really too long to put in a pants pocket....although it might work in a shirt pocket. I mean, it is a glasses carrier afterall. Unfortunately, none of my blouses have pockets :rolleyes:

Lu

Kitty,
I am a new e-smoker, and I also use an ashtray when I am at home.. otherwise I misplace it and lose it. Found it in the bathroom sink one day lol! I posted this on another thread, but I see it belongs here...

I found that for the e-cigs that don't have cases... you can take part of the foam they were sitting in in the box (if they were packaged in a recessed foam) and put it into an eyeglass case. I covered mine with black satin and fabric glue to make it look nicer. Now it fits the e-liquid, e-cig, extra cart and extra battery all in the eyeglass case and keeps it from getting damaged in my purse. (I keep the extra battery in a small baggie in case the e-liquid spills out so it is protected). To save some $... eyeglass cases can be purchased at most dollar stores and are almost always lined with felt already so the glasses/ecig wouldn't scratch.

When I am home, I leave the glasses case open and I rest the e-cig with the LED end IN the case and the mouthpiece out. That seems to keep the cart end clean for your mouth if you are a little crazy health conscious like I am (although when I smoked analogs I can tell you that there were times I smoked a cig after dropping it on a NYC street. I am not proud of that! LOL!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread