Where to buy a Lavatube?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Search no further! Yes the cheapest is good, and vaporbeast may offer the best price with FREE SHIPPING! More importantly, these guys offer great service...like the best, so you know you will be covered! They sell full kits with case for $68.99! I have one in silver and love it! It's my backup to my Provari! They always throw is a free drip tip and or carto with a order. They also ship and process orders FAST! If you live in Costa Rica, you may have a problem with a vendor shipping to you, but I have seen posts from vaporbeast shipping to other countries upon request?

They call their unit a Vector Variable Volt! A Lava Tube with a different name! Here is the link! enjoy!
http://www.vaporbeast.com/starter_kits_s/1513.htm

Last edited:

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
Search no further! Yes the cheapest is good, and Vaporbeast may offer the best price with FREE SHIPPING! More importantly, these guys offer great service...like the best, so you know you will be covered! They sell full kits with case for $68.99! I have one in silver and love it! It's my backup to my Provari! They always throw is a free drip tip and or carto with a order. They also ship and process orders FAST!

They call their unit a Vector Variable Volt! A Lava Tube with a different name! Here is the link! enjoy!
http://www.vaporbeast.com/starter_kits_s/1513.htm

Oh snap you beat me to it. This. Tim's Vector kit is an awesome deal, everything you need and 2 batteries for under $70 shipped. I don't know how he stays in business! The drip tip comes with the Vector kit as well but his freebies are always good. You'll see it and be all like "sweet dude wow" Good company hes runnin!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I got a full kit (includng batteries & charger) from Greenhouse One | Electronic Cigarettes | Atomizers | Eliquid for 39.99 using code LAVA (25$ off the regular price of 64.99). Free shipping to the US on orders over $100, and great deals on atties and other accessories. I think they ship pretty much everywhere. Only downside is the shipping time - it went out the next day, but is estimated to take 30-45 days for regular shipping. Wishing I'd sprung for the registered mail option that was 10-15 days.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
If you're just looking to try out a VV mod, I'd suggest checking out the VV box mod from Mad Vapes. I like it way more than my LT and it's cheap. I'm not a fan of boost circuits (also why I haven't bought Provari) and would rather run batteries that actually put out 6+ volts.

The LT is a neat mod, but when it comes to a VV device I like my box mod a lot more. It doesn't have the fancy screen or buttons to adjust but it gives a better vape IMO (non-vaping friends have confirmed this). The LT is also too long to keep in a pocket, especially when it's a got something like a Resurrector + drip tip on it.

Last edited:

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
I have a Provari...it is indeed the best! That said, with the batteries charger I spent around 300 bucks! I also have the Lava Tube and at 68 bucks it is a nice alternative to those that want a variable volt device but can't afford or justify spending more money! So yes, if you can afford it, and or feel comfortable spending the extra cash Provari all the way! If not the Lava Tube will be just fine! ;)

DCB305

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Florida
I have posted this elsewhere, but here is some info and a link to where you can find more info on Lavatubes:

As far as what I know about the lavatube. It is an fairly inexpesive way to get into VV vaping. I think the point of VV devices are 1)flexibility in attachments, ex; LR cart/atty's, SR catos/ att's stc.
2)adjustability to find the sweet spot as far as vapor production, flavor and throat hit when using different combinations of cartomizers/ atties and e-liquids (vendors and flavors) and using the voltage settings to fine tune the hit, flavor, vapor to your liking although there are limitations (I'll get there in a moment).

Lavatubes will soon be offered in an updated model and a new design like the stainless steel, copper and chrome being offered for presale from Apollo, which BTW are still using the version 1.0 internals.

The version 1.0 is a 3-6 volt VV tube mod, but many have found that higher than 5 volts the actual voltage may not quit reach the higher limits and also under load it may not be putting out the voltage that you have it set to. It is also limited to 2.5 amp output. What does that mean, basically it's the max power output. How does that affect you? It limits the adjustability or flexibility of the unit and most users to get full voltage are relegated to using high resistance carto's/atty's (above 2 ohms). Boge 2.5 and 3.0ohms cartomizers are highly recommended and as you go further down in ohm/resistance you will further be limiting your voltage range.

There is supposed to be a version 1.5 coming soon which has raised that amp limit to 3.5 amps, but uses the original lavatube body design. This will help with the voltage range flexibility when using LR cartos/atties especially when using DCT cartomizers which are usually 1.5-1.7ohms. I have seen some marketed as 3.0 DC cartomizers, but from what I have heard they are actually single coil cartomizers with the design to be used in DCT's (dual coil tanks) since they have a flange or base at the bottom of the cartridge that fits into a recess on the bottom of a DCT. I would at least wait for this version.

I have also hear/read that a version 2.0 is coming not far after the 1.5. This version is basically the new stainless steel body design with the internals of the 1.5.

This is what I know from looking into the Vtubes as I was/am interested in them. I may be wrong, I am definitely not the authority on all things lavatube, either way I have decided to wait and see when these newer models come out. Hope this helps.

AmberB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Oklahoma
Thanks a lot for the info!!! You´re great guys!!! And keep on posting information... I am doing my homework and researching about the Provari but I think it is too expensive and big... However it looks cool and well made. What a difficult desition... Anyway the lavatube mini is winning because of the relation price-performance...

I have two lava tubes and they are good devices for the price. I suggest going through apollo as well for the mini. I would recommend buying some AW brand batteries from rtd vapor (I keep 4 in rotation) as the battery that comes with the apollo kit is unmarked and I don't trust it. Better safe than sorry when it comes to your batteries! And don't forget to use the discount code: apollo1806. I think it's 10% off.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Thanks a lot for the info!!! You´re great guys!!! And keep on posting information... I am doing my homework and researching about the Provari but I think it is too expensive and big... However it looks cool and well made. What a difficult desition... Anyway the lavatube mini is winning because of the relation price-performance...

There can't be much of a difference is size between the two since they take the same battery. And the circuit board at the end of the battery for some additional length. Granted the Provari is built stronger and heavier but looking at it the walls aren't all that thick, not like it's conduit thickness or anything.

As they are sold the Provari takes the same battery as the mini Lavatube. With the extender, haven't seen one for the Lavatube, it takes the same battery as the 'regular' Lavatube.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
I got a full kit (includng batteries & charger) from Greenhouse One | Electronic Cigarettes | Atomizers | Eliquid for 39.99 using code LAVA (25$ off the regular price of 64.99). Free shipping to the US on orders over $100, and great deals on atties and other accessories. I think they ship pretty much everywhere. Only downside is the shipping time - it went out the next day, but is estimated to take 30-45 days for regular shipping. Wishing I'd sprung for the registered mail option that was 10-15 days.

That was a phenomenal sales price!
And it comes with 2 batteries (and 2 attys) makes it even more so.

I ordered 2 of them at that price.
Slight problem in that I was able to order them after they were sold out but working with Tim to get them ASAP.

Johnny mane

Moved On
Feb 29, 2012
United Kingdom
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier associate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread