Where to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
where can i go to buy everything i would ever need for rba's?

i want to find a place where i can get mesh, cotton.. etc. everything

i want to know because i bought an rba for the first time today (aga t+) and while i wait for it in the mail i want to get everything i need in order to build it and see what i like best.. what do most people like the most? where can i go to learn how to build them.. with every type of ss wick, mesh ... all that.. lol im sure i sound like i dont know what im talking about and yes, your right i dont.. so someone please help..

what type of coil do i need? .. hellpppp:blush:?

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
they have no resistance silver wire at pretty much any craft shop in the jewelry section. what do u use the zero ohm for?

I would burn 4gal of gas round trip to the nearest craft store so $5 shipping is still a better option for me. The Term-C uses NR wire for proper setup, I've heard of people not using it, but would rather do it right.

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
thanks everyone.. but how do i know what to get??... what kind of wire do i need? whats the difference in different wires?..

whats the difference in using different things for wicking.. like mesh and silica and cotton and all that stuff?... why are RBA's better in the first place?

thanks to anyone that replies.. i need alot of info.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
Research. You need to research the RBA that you want, then you need to research what the consensus is as far as what the best setup is for the device you want.

If you ask 50 people what is best you will get at least 50 different suggestions.

For me, I decided to try an RBA for the promise of lower long term costs. A SS mesh genesis can go months on a wick and weeks on the same coil. I was using carto tanks and was going through on average one carto/week.

As I said earlier in this thread I just ordered a Terminator-C which is a tank RBA that uses silica wicks, I'm happy with my gennies but want to try other things as well.

Last edited:

varivapr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
New York
thanks everyone.. but how do i know what to get??... what kind of wire do i need? whats the difference in different wires?..

whats the difference in using different things for wicking.. like mesh and silica and cotton and all that stuff?... why are RBA's better in the first place?

thanks to anyone that replies.. i need alot of info.

If you going with a genesis style atty then some 32g kanthal wire and some 400 or 500 ss mesh should get you going with a setup that is fairly easy to make work. The thicker the wire the lower resistance per inch the wire is. 32g wire you can make a 2ohm coil with around 4 wraps. You will need like 6 or 7 wraps to get the same resistance coil using 28g. theres tons of info on here. read up

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
Thank you!.. i did read up a little..

i went ahead and bought.. 28, 32, and 36 kanthal wire.

but im guessing i made a mistake by also buying stainless steel mesh 325.. i need to know if i can use that or if i need to buy 400 or 500 stainless steel mesh.. and if so.. which one should i get if i had to choose one...

graffinfected

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
ORLANDO, FL.
update****

ok so i got my aga T+ in the mail.. my first impressions were.. " oh man what did i get myself into "

then i noticed that it came with a SS Mesh and a wire along with a couple replacement pieces.. so i said " bahh , i can do this.."

so i went ahead to walmart to find a torch because i lost mine sense i recently moved to Orlando FL. And of course they didnt have any more... so i spent a good while looking through all of the cash registers to see if i found a torch lighter.. then (que the heaven descending music) i found one... " ok cool, only 4 bucks" i went ahead and bout it... went straight home and started to oxidize my mesh.. (keep in mind i have no idea what ss mesh it is.. i didnt know if it was 325, 400 , or 500) no big deal.. i took care of it.. i rolled up my mesh then put some juice on it... set it on fire.. yada yada i then wrapped the wire and tightened the screws ... here are a couple pictures in different angles so you guys can see... please understand this is my very first time..

photo (8).jpg

photo (7).jpg

after this i went and cut the excess wire and you know.. all the typical things you do when you make your coil.. i put some juice in it and screwed it onto my provari and fired it.... i got an E1 error... so i said.. "pffft! great." i checked the ohms and it didnt let me ( i dont remember what it read )

photo (6).jpg

then i put it on my new VAMO (which i love) and fired it.. a very small amount of vapor came off the atty and at the same exact time i noticed the wire that goes from the mesh to the positive screw turned bright orange and popped.

photo (5).jpg

if you look closely, you will notice that the wire at the top of the mesh has snapped ... why did this happen?

can anyone tell me what i might have done wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread