The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Where to get batteries?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Baldr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baldr

Baldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Where is the best place to get batteries for the Provari? I need one 18650 in addition to what I have, and I might get two.

Provape sells them for 12.95, which is fine. But their cheapest shipping is USPS Priority No Tracking at $27.

Seriously? $27 to ship a small item, and you won't even track it?

That's nonsense, and it looks like yet another way for ProVape to just charge out the ... and expect customers to pay for it. They certainly aren't paying anything close to $27 to ship a battery. It reminds me of the "Oh, that blue LED costs us $15 more than the red one" BS.

There is bound to be a better option.

I want good quality batteries, and I'm willing to pay for them, but I'm not going to pay $40 for one battery the way Provape wants me to do.

I'm sure some of you have already figured this out.

2. mainusch

mainusch Full Member Verified Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Washington DC Area
    try rtdvapor, they have good prices and only sell genuine brand batteries. not sure what the shipping is but should be much less than $27

3. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    I agree with mainusch . Buy all my AW IMR batteries from rtdvapor. Provape recommends these type of batteries.

4. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    ProVape's shipping is free at $100, so if you are buying a ProVari, too, then batteries are worth buying. Note, that you do have to sign for it if it's over $100.

However, if you are just buying the batteries it is cheaper to buy them elsewhere.

5. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    If you can't find AW 18650 lMR batteries with a decent shipping rate you might try Gotvapes and see what their shipping rates are. They sell the Efest 18650 that's the same 2000mah rating in a button top. Efest is rated highly around here.

eFest IMR 18650 2000mah BUTTON Top 3.7 Rechargeable LiMn Battery [gv-EFEST-IMR18650-2000mah-BUTTON] - $10.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I have ordered AW 18650 batts twice from provape but not recently. I don't remember their shipping being anywhere near that high.

FWIW, out of curiosity I put one in the cart and filled out the data necessary to generate shipping and mine came out $2.95. You might want to check again and see if you might have made an error in zip or address. Maybe it calculated the shipping to the North Pole!

6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I buy all of my AW batteries and chargers from RTD.

7. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    If you don't want to pay for shipping there are several vape shops around DFW that carry AW batteries.

8. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    +1 for RTD. Shipping isn't free, but the batteries are legit, while I'm not sure about "free shipping" vendors.

But this guy might be the best deal, and others have vouched for him as a great vendor... Shipping looks like $4.

9. Gato del Jugo

Gato del Jugo ProVarinati ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    US o' A
    Confirmed..

1 battery = $2.95 USPS 1st-class, no tracking #

Only other option is USPS Priority @ $6.95

Is there a ProVape knock-off site out there or something??

Or did we just get :rickroll:'d...

10. Baldr

Baldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    For some reason, the only shipping it's giving me is international. That's why the horrible price for shipping.

11. Vicshalls

Vicshalls Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Come on now. We live in Texas of course we are international. Country all to ourselves. lol

12. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    +1. My batteries come from that guy... shipping is cheap (yep, US to Canada!), their AWs are genuine and Wonderlite's C/S is cool too. Highly recommended

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.