Where to get DIY Flue-Cured Virginia Tobacco Concentrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

klondikes

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
I have some from wizard labs, a lot of it and it's unopened. I tried the DIY thing and it just didn't work for me. Pm me if you would like to take it off my hands. I learned the hard way after ordering a ton thinking that I could mix up something close to johns creek smoke juice. Sadly I was wrong. :(

PM sent. Thanks.

klondikes

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Try Vaping Zone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. At Vaping Zone they have Virginia Flu Cured Tobacco Super Concentrated Flavor. I went ahead and purchased a small amount of it to try. On their website it says to use 2.5% solution. However, reviewers at the site say to use 17 drops/15 ml which is almost 6% solution. I will just start low and work it up as needed.

klondikes

klondikes

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
I also have the WL flavoring. Very smoky sweet, and very strong. I use it extremely sparingly, as in less than 1%. Good for a faint background hint of smokiness. Anything more than just a wisp is too much, but I do like it as a wisp with other tobacco flavors. It almost has a mesquite BBQ character.

That sounds like an interesting flavor. I am in contact with Cifitzu and will probably end up with some. I plan to just mix it with 18mg nicotine base (40%PG-60%VG) and add some menthol and some Pink Vapors flavor called Rip Tide.

1%? That stuff must be strong. That is only 1 drop for every 5ml of base. If I get some, I will use it sparingly.

klondikes

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
The VFC from WL is a Seedman flavor. I guess to each his own. I found it to be very strong and best as a faint background. The description with it says:

"Concentrated Virginia Fire-Cured Tobacco flavoring by Seedman.
Adds a fire-cured tobacco note to any mix.

The Seedman Virginia Fire-Cured Flavoring is recommended as a secondary flavoring component to be used to enhance a primary flavoring.
Not recommended as a primary flavoring on it's own."

I would agree with that statement. Actually what I did was make a 5% juice with it, and now I use drops of that juice added to another tobacco juice I make. Or if I am doing a carto of some tobacco juice, I may add a drop of the VFC juice to the carto just give it a bit of smoke.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
That sounds like an interesting flavor. I am in contact with Cifitzu and will probably end up with some. I plan to just mix it with 18mg nicotine base (40%PG-60%VG) and add some menthol and some Pink Vapors flavor called Rip Tide.

1%? That stuff must be strong. That is only 1 drop for every 5ml of base. If I get some, I will use it sparingly.

klondikes

Are you sure that the dropper you use has only 20 drops per ml? The pipettes I use are 38 drops per ml, so that makes a huge difference when dealing with such small percentages.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
I also have the WL flavoring. Very smoky sweet, and very strong. I use it extremely sparingly, as in less than 1%. Good for a faint background hint of smokiness. Anything more than just a wisp is too much, but I do like it as a wisp with other tobacco flavors. It almost has a mesquite BBQ character.

I found two at WL are you describing the " Virginia Fire-Cured" by SM??

It sounds nice. wonder how it matches up with FA's "Black Fire" which is described as 'smoky with a caramel undertone'. someone else on here described it as great for smoking salmon.. so.. I'll know when the order arrives.

The other one on WL is 'Flue Cured' by TFA. I'm wondering what that one is like??

The title on this thread has left me slightly confused if we are talking about the SM or the TFA product.

Thanks for the thread.

RobertNC

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2012
Athens
The other one on WL is 'Flue Cured' by TFA. I'm wondering what that one is like??

TFA Flue Cured is very strong and spicey/perfumey. I add a drop or sometimes 2 drops to 3 mL batches to add some complexity but for my tastes at least it is way too flowery for use as a primary Tobbacco flavor.

Lemonaid

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2013
Idaho
TFA Flue Cured is very strong and spicey/perfumey. I add a drop or sometimes 2 drops to 3 mL batches to add some complexity but for my tastes at least it is way too flowery for use as a primary Tobbacco flavor.

Thank you. It's been quite a challenge to figure out what each of these actually are.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Of all the tobaccos I have tried so far I like the vz flavors the best. I have the hangsen dk-tab, blended tobacco, honey flue cured, and black and milk and like them in that order. I made 10ml of 12mg at the recommended % on the site with no other additives just to start with. Today was first test after 10 days and all were vapable and not bad at all. Will continue on with the addition of some other flavorings and see how it goes. Also have the tpa double ry4 on order to see if I like it.

I completely agree with you RobertNC, the TFA Flue Cured does have a nice robust tobacco essence to it, however it is very perfumey & kinda floraly, Ive actually made some pretty decent juice with it using TFA Black Honey, FA Shade, a small amount of DIY extracted tobacco (Marlboro Red & PG) MTS Vape Wizard, TFA Brown Sugar, EM & Sucralose, I don't have the percentages of the recipe in reach ATM but it actually came out quite good, however not the same day it was made that's for sure, it needed at least a week of steeping before it was really enjoyable but once steeped it was a very nice, rich & robust flavor that I couldn't put down. While the flavor was quite nice the exhaled vapor REALLY REEKED, I heard comments that is smelled like cat piss to musky body odor but to me I couldn't smell anything other than what I was tasting, which was pretty dam good IHMO. I am VERY new to DIY juice & am a VERY surprised I'm enjoying tobacco flavor so much, they are my preferred flavors now, I started out liking fruity type flavors but Ive found the tobaccos are so much more rich, robust & satisfying, I'm absolutely LOVING this DIY tobacco mixing, there's definitely a learning curve to it & I'm sure a lot of PG/VG will inevitably be wasted on creations that don't turn out so well but once I get that elusive ADV tobacco vape recipe down, IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT, TEN FOLD!!!! I just recently ordered some VZ Super Concentrated Honey Flue Cured, Ive heard its one of the best HFC flavorings, I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!! So who do you think has the best tobacco flavorings, in particular HFC & Pipe tobaccos like French Pipe, that's the one I'll be trying next, I'm also very curious to see what VZ's Old Captain is all about as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread