Where to go next

Status
Not open for further replies.

rucni

ECF Veteran
i have been vaping since july for christmas i got a vamo V3 and PT3. going to try my hand at making coils as soon as my wire comes in. i have been reading alot on ECF and trying to figure out where to go next with my vaping. i do not want to replace my Vamo just get better flavor from my juices. i am already 400+ into gear and wife is getting testy about my habit. what are some tanks that will give me the best flavor and work on my vamo?

rucni

ECF Veteran
amish ed i was a RYO smoker before i started vaping so i havent saved any money yet. what i would have spent on bags of tobacco and boxes of tubes has gone into my local vapor shop. and its hasnt been chasing shiny new things its been getting to a point where what i had wasnt working as well as i wanted.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
Cartos aren't rebuildable. They cost about $1.70 (depending on brand, holes...) and you pitch them when the draw gets too tight, they flood, or start tasting burnt. I get about 40-50ml+ through a carto. I use clear juices, dark ones will clog a carto faster. Can't speak to the Kayfun or similar. The only rebuildable I own are the Igo-L and Igo-W. I don't use them much as I hate to tinker, and rebuilables mean tinkering. They are a good place to start in the rebuildable realm as you don't have to invest a lot to see if they are your cup of tea. I'd get the W as it has holes in the posts and does dual coils easily. I think I paid $15 for my W.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
i have been vaping since july for christmas i got a vamo V3 and PT3. going to try my hand at making coils as soon as my wire comes in. i have been reading alot on ECF and trying to figure out where to go next with my vaping. i do not want to replace my Vamo just get better flavor from my juices. i am already 400+ into gear and wife is getting testy about my habit. what are some tanks that will give me the best flavor and work on my vamo?
Remember if you have taken good care of your equipment, you can always sell it in the Classifieds and make back 3/4 of what you spent.

If you are ready to up your vaping experience, it's time to leave behind carto tanks completely (maybe save one for the car) and go to rebuildable drippers. This will require an ohm meter, Kanthal wire, and cotton. You can buy an inexpensive dripper such as an Igo for very little. And yes, it will work on your variable voltage device. And give you more vapor and flavor than you've ever had from a carto. You'll find endless tutorials and information here and on YouTube. Enjoy the journey :)

rucni

ECF Veteran
Remember if you have taken good care of your equipment, you can always sell it in the Classifieds and make back 3/4 of what you spent.

If you are ready to up your vaping experience, it's time to leave behind carto tanks completely (maybe save one for the car) and go to rebuildable drippers. This will require an ohm meter, Kanthal wire, and cotton. You can buy an inexpensive dripper such as an Igo for very little. And yes, it will work on your variable voltage device. And give you more vapor and flavor than you've ever had from a carto. You'll find endless tutorials and information here and on YouTube. Enjoy the journey :)

alas both my vamos are pretty beat up from my pockets and back pack. i have looked into the kayfun and similar setups but not sure if they will work on my vamo. and i cant afford a true kayfun but dont know if i can justify the risk getting a clone and it not work correctly.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
alas both my vamos are pretty beat up from my pockets and back pack. i have looked into the kayfun and similar setups but not sure if they will work on my vamo. and i cant afford a true kayfun but dont know if i can justify the risk getting a clone and it not work correctly.

You may not be able to sell a beat up Vamo, but you can get yourself a nice mechanical and an RDA for a very reasonable price (I assume you already have good batteries and a charger).

Yes you can use a Kayfun on your Vamo. Remember with clones, you get what you pay for. They are made cheaply so they can sell cheaply - you are better off waiting and saving your money for the real thing.

rucni

ECF Veteran
what suggestions can you make for a good but low cost RDA? i want to keep using my vamo for as long as i can. i know i can only got to like 1.2ohm on it but i dont see myself getting into sub-ohm yet. i am still learning and just built my first coils for my protanks this saturday. been vaping on them since and even at 2.5-3.0ohm with cotton wick i can tell a huge difference in taste from the stock 2.0ohm DC in my PT3. thinking about trying to make a taller coil or trying to make a DC out of one wire. but not sure yet.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I did a "how I recoil a pt3 head" write up in my blogs, works really solid (single coil), and comes in at the lower range of ohms for a vamo... Take a look and see if that helps?
I also own both a legit kayfun and a hcigar clone. Both perform about the same, IMHO. I bought the clone to see if I'd like it, then got a legit one afterwards.
IBT's are another excellent option for the Vamo as well!

So far, on any device, for out and about, I use all three about equal. It's more of a "how much do you want to spend" situation really...

Tapped out on a phone... I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread