Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I received my late xmas presents :D I got mainly TFA as you can see, doesn't say if they're PG or VG on the bottle but on the site it says they're PG. Are flavors generally PG?

Also noticed most calculators provide measurements in drops, nothing in weight. Or is it because I'm only making 10ml at a time so it's too little to process?

20180124_195903.jpg
Yes most flavors do come in pg....they will otherwise state if it has vg and/or alcohol in them also.

When mixing, the flavors counts on the pg side of the equation.(if pg)

eta on the calculators, the weight is measured in grams.
:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Are flavors generally PG?
PG based flavor concentrates are the most commonly availible. Though VG based concentrates seem to be developing more of a foothold. TFA's flavor concentrates are PG based with these exceptions:
TFA non-PG based Flavors
Also noticed most calculators provide measurements in drops, nothing in weight. Or is it because I'm only making 10ml at a time so it's too little to process?
Is there a particular calculator you are wanting to use?

What type of device are you wanting to use the calculator on? Computer, tablet, or Phone? What platform does it need to run on (Windows, Mac, Android, Google, ???)? Or, are you looking for an on-line calculator, that does not require being downloaded to your device?

I know some downloadable programs (like E-JuiceMeUp, JuiceGrinder, and JuiceCalculator) require enabling weight/grams, usually(?) in the options/set-up menu, before they show on screen.

A 10mL recipe should not be too small to mix by weight; I do it regularly for my tester batches (though complex 8+ ingredient recipes can get a little challenging:eek:). I have even done 5 and 3mL recipes by weight... though it gets a little more difficult trying to precisely pour smaller quantities; and a single drop can put you off by +/- 1%.:blush::D

If you are going to be mixing recipes that small you might want to practice with plain old tap water first. This will help give you a feel for how to pour. And it will also make sure your scale will register individual drops.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
EcigVape.com has a variety of calculators to use. Others on ECF use them, too. I like that it's very easy to use; it's online so there's nothing to download; I can access it no matter what computer, tablet, I'm using (even someone else's); and it has columns showing amounts of ingredients whether measuring by volume, by weight, or by drops. You can save your recipes on it, too, like you can using other ones. I use this particular one from there. It allows room for up to 10 flavors in a recipe, though I never use that many.

E-Liquid Calculator Ten Flavors with PG/VG Adjusting

Just thought I'd post it since it's another option.

dannieboiz

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Hey Guys, I made my first recipe and it turned out pretty good after some adjustments. Thanks for the great tip on the 10mm bottles, did a couple 10mm test runs then did a 60mm reusing some of my old bottles and it's working out great.

I'd like to explore other recipe using the flavors I have in my tackle box. Any suggestion on how to surge for recipes and filter it so it'll only show recipes with the flavors that I have/want?

IE, if I have sweet tea, strawberry, guava, mango it'll show all the recipe with those flavors only in any combo of one or more?

Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hey Guys, I made my first recipe and it turned out pretty good after some adjustments. Thanks for the great tip on the 10mm bottles, did a couple 10mm test runs then did a 60mm reusing some of my old bottles and it's working out great.

I'd like to explore other recipe using the flavors I have in my tackle box. Any suggestion on how to surge for recipes and filter it so it'll only show recipes with the flavors that I have/want?

IE, if I have sweet tea, strawberry, guava, mango it'll show all the recipe with those flavors only in any combo of one or more?
    I posted a calc a few yrs ago that would do that, so it should show up using the search feature here.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread