Where's All Your OLD Vape Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
UK
Most of my old gear got given away to friends, some high end items got sold. My first mech which got me off smoking I gave to my oldest friend as a birthday present. tanks and drippers I want to keep but aren't using at present goes into tupperware boxes apart from the high end stuff which I put on atty stands and keep on my shelf.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I got rid of the Egos and various odd tanks with built in drip tips. And some Sigelei mods that died.

Still got a bunch of Spinners and PT Minis, Figure they might be useful if I was travelling to some place where I wasn't sure they would get through security.

I've still got some Silver Bullets. I got them when Deeming came out and everyone said mechs were a good thing to have. Couldn't abide mods with buttons on the bottom and SB was the only mech I could find with a side button. Use them once in a while just so I remember how to do it.

Only thing I regret not keeping was the old eLight Elite cigalikes I used for years. Wish I still had one to hang on the wall as a memento. I looked them up a couple of years ago thinking I would pick some up for the memories but their website was gone. Just missed it by a few months.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I literally have mods that I've never taken out of their boxes.
:(:oops: shameful...

That's not shameful, IMO, and probably similar thinking of others, too. That's planning for the future and your ability to keep vaping for as long as you want to. :thumbs:

If it WAS shameful...I'd be in really deep doodoo because of the number of brand new mods and kits with mods that I have in my "stash". They're not only for my use though. People I've helped switch over to vaping, know that I buy multiples of mods, tanks, kits, and coils when I find extremely good prices on them. When they need new ones, they check with me first to see what I've got. Saves them a bunch of money (as they pay exactly what I paid for them), and they won't likely go back to smokes while waiting to receive something ordered online. It's a win-win situation, IMO.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I still have the eGo pen type batteries and the first tank I had when I first started vaping. Shinyitis hit about the time everyone was preparing for the vape apocalypse so I have a ton of various mech mods and RDAs. There are also a couple of Smok tanks and other toppers. They are now in a few plastic containers in a dresser drawer.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I just found a DID clone behind my desk, and my AGA-T red O-Rings today!
Yup , that's me....my old gear is old gennys...dids, aga-t, ac-9, cobra, rsst, and a couple others that I cant make out because they are in pieces. 200-600 SS mesh, butane torches, ceramic fc2000 wicks and still have 30 and 32g kanthal..also a variety of wicking material once I got into rtas, like hemp, silica, ceramic rope, and some stuff that looks like silk.. old mech mods with some cr something batteries that I use to stack. Also have some ceramic cups from the old GG days , like the Penelope type tanks that you had to do R & NR wires together (my fingers are still sore). Then have crap from post 15 watt days, like 3.1 kayfuns, aqua tank, erlkonigins, vaporsharks mods 20/30/ 40 watters. Although I didnt do much carto and dripper stuff, still have a couple 357's, ikenvape stuff, and carts....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
personally i give all my old stuff away online and in local shops but i do keep the ones i find suit my vape style maybe 3-4 of each kind of atty

no point in having shelf's full on vaping gear you will never use when others can enjoy

still got a old mod here from 2013-14 i think it's the itaste svd v1 i love the thing for a bit indoor mtl it looks like dr who's sonic screwdriver lol

edit
tried to get the UK giveaways resurrected here on ecf but seems o can't even give stuff away here lol was even on the the phone to the late Hugh Hefner to organize a night with a bunny girl to help with the give away bit still no takers
so the mod was given to someone in the local shop

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I had to toss a lot of older tanks, because I left juice in them. if you're not planning to use a tank for a while, I definitely recommend all of us reading this wash them out before tossing them into storage!
No... those are perfect for a little "dare you to vape that" session after a few drinks. :lol:

TierodBoots

Apr 25, 2019
I had all my old gear in a tote in my home office. After a recent move I tossed most of it.
I sat there looking at all of it and taking a trip down memory lane.
AltSmoke bullet , man did I love that thing. Waited for that vape mail like a kid. Lol
VaporShark DNA30. Wish that battery was replaceable!
Only saved all the REO bits.
Time to start collecting again ;)

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Yes, the real beginner stuff was given away, even many of the onezees and twozees. I have the large collection of BF Squonkers for when things really hit the fan. Until then, I have the RTA sets of 5-7 each in Tupperware and then the rest of the Provaris.

My body seems to have passed any warranty, so I am thinking that I am set until I catch the final train. I just like a good vape and that, I believe, is covered.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Found the paps I bought just before the company ceased trading.
Never used. Only taken out of its box when I got it to wrap it in cloth

I love this mod and I think I’ve spoken about it and posted pics of the ones in use hundreds of times
but this one has never been used or ‘atty’d’ and I don’t want to scratch it.
Isn’t she purrrty
And that seamless top cap & switch still impresses me even after all this time :drool:
D5EB2CDD-783A-4168-A282-F1F0A5BA9BA9.jpeg

1d96035b-1e6b-43f5-a1e2-c4557da9b2f8-jpeg.812453

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Found the paps I bought just before the company ceased trading.
Never used. Only taken out of its box when I got it to wrap it in cloth

I love this mod and I think I’ve spoken about it and posted pics of the ones in use hundreds of times
but this one has never been used or ‘atty’d’ and I don’t want to scratch it.
Isn’t she purrrty
And that seamless top cap & switch still impresses me even after all this time :drool:
1d96035b-1e6b-43f5-a1e2-c4557da9b2f8-jpeg.812453
That is a classic beauty and nice to see in perfect shape!

One person's old or obsolete is another's classic. Even though vaping is just becoming a teenager, some of the same perspectives as vintage cars. Some are polished in a heated garage, some are daily drivers and sadly some are forgotten.

Your post led me to dig out a couple of my favorites from the past that remain unused. Beautiful machining and finishing are timeless.

Reactions: Zutankhamun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread