Where's All Your OLD Vape Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moze229

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2011
Central NC, USA
All of my 'old' stuff is in a cabinet in my office - because I still use some of it.

I never kept up with the times. I found outdated equipment at the time that worked to keep me from smoking and I stuck with it. I was afraid to change because I had finally found a solution that worked. I'm just now buying stuff that's of this day and age.

I still use my BVC clearos with my ancient MVP 2. I still have eGo batteries that I could use, but usually don't. There's really no need. I still have the original starter kit I bought in 2010. I should just throw it away, but there is a lot of nostalgia tied up in all of this old stuff with the effort in not smoking. Packed on the shelf with all of this is still a pack and a half of unsmoked cigarettes and a Zippo that I refuse to throw away. Is suppose a lot of this will be trash someday, but I'm not ready to get rid of it yet.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thought it'd be interesting to ask ECF: Where is your OLD stuff?

Your Cartomizers and Carto Tanks?
Your Vivi Novas and Kanger Top Coils?
Where's your Silverbullet, your Bolt, your 5v Box Mods?
Where do you keep your Silica and Blue Aquarium Foam?
Where's your handy dandy carto puncher?
Do you still have a box full of HH.357 CISCO SPEC HYBRID 510 ATOMIZERS??
Your Ikenvape RY4???

Do you just have a giant chest full of stuff you no longer use?
Can you think of anything else you have lying around that a modern vaper would wince at?

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh Plumes, I was having SUCH a good nite...... ;)

Much gone, MUCH still here. Boxed, drawered, and all with good intentions to .... to?

Dinner time. Exedrine time. :facepalm:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
That is a classic beauty and nice to see in perfect shape!

One person's old or obsolete is another's classic. Even though vaping is just becoming a teenager, some of the same perspectives as vintage cars. Some are polished in a heated garage, some are daily drivers and sadly some are forgotten.

Your post led me to dig out a couple of my favorites from the past that remain unused. Beautiful machining and finishing are timeless.

Thank you. Maybe it’s one for the wedding day (if ever there’s one)

Either fancy mechs or fancy cubans. I like regulated mods and use a lot but if I see a dna I’ll be livid

I don’t care if my wife wants to vape drippers & regs. She won’t ruin my special day ;)

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
haha but you just can't let go!? that's vape history.
coincidentally or not, I did find an old pair of motorolla walkie-talkies today,
with foamed out energizers in them!
trying to clean the bedroom and guest rooms up for the new mattress!!

I had to toss a lot of older tanks, because I left juice in them. if you're not planning to use a tank for a while, I definitely recommend all of us reading this wash them out before tossing them into storage!

An ultrasonic cleaner is good for renewing old and dirty atomizers. Just drop them in with a couple of drops of dish soap in the water and let them run a few cycles. They come out like new.

Reactions: Plumes.91

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have several shoe boxes in a closet where my older gear from 2010-2012 resides. There's also the newer hardware stowed away in a cabinet in the laundry room. There's no telling what I have that I've forgotten about. One day I'll pull it all and sort and discard. There's Smoktech cartos still in the wrapper, eGo and Joye 510's, and lots of atomizers that I tried for a week or two and got distracted by something newer!

As the tech improved more of my older stuff got ignored for shiny new stuff.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I had all my old gear in a tote in my home office. After a recent move I tossed most of it.
I sat there looking at all of it and taking a trip down memory lane.
AltSmoke bullet , man did I love that thing. Waited for that vape mail like a kid. Lol
VaporShark DNA30. Wish that battery was replaceable!
Only saved all the REO bits.
Time to start collecting again ;)
I still have 4 or 5 vaporsharks , maybe 20 30 and 40's and all are 18650's. I dont actually remember, but I thought all had replaceable batteries. Or perhaps the rdnas had replaceable but reg dnas didnt? Dam good mods though, all still working after like 5 years...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TierodBoots

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Thought it'd be interesting to ask ECF: Where is your OLD stuff?

Your Cartomizers and Carto Tanks?
Your Vivi Novas and Kanger Top Coils?
Where's your Silverbullet, your Bolt, your 5v Box Mods?
Where do you keep your Silica and Blue Aquarium Foam?
Where's your handy dandy carto puncher?
Do you still have a box full of HH.357 CISCO SPEC HYBRID 510 ATOMIZERS??
Your Ikenvape RY4???

Do you just have a giant chest full of stuff you no longer use?
Can you think of anything else you have lying around that a modern vaper would wince at?

:lol::lol::lol:
I still have my vape desk full of tanks and mods and coils that I bought and didn't like, I'm still vaping with my kangertech I have tried everything there is to try but I love my kanger. So I give alot of stuff away to friends trying to quit but I still have about 30 tanks (eleaf, innokin, smok, aspire etc.) it's

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I gave just about everything away. If a member here needed something I had I mailed it to them. If they said they loved so and so rda and I had it but no longer used it, I mailed it to them. I gave my MVP, Provari 2.5, Provari P3, and a Sigelei 150 to friends who were trying to quit smoking.

All of my mech mods are stored away in a huge tackle box. I don't use them anymore because they are all 22mm. I live in hurricane country, so I figured they might come in handy during weeks without power.

TheProphet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
Benbrook, TX, USA
Found my box of old mods. Think I'm going to break out the mechs again this weekend.

59404976_2506863879326370_5538564704210780160_n.jpg

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
that gear is new to me, i still have my 2 old kennedy mechs, springs are totally worn, no replacement found, have them somewhere else, my all time repair tools, plyers and sh*t still on use, the only old and aged tanks i have around are joyetech delta, tron-S, cubis and also spare parts for them, but no coils, also have a RDA without name or brand that came with a mech clone replica, great times!

Regards,

Reactions: gerrymi

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Inspired from this thread, I opened some of the cartons in storage. I found a mod, new in box, which wasn't supposed to be there, as it is an internal battery type and they need some periodic TLC.
To my surprise, after more than three years (maybe four) the battery - unbelievably - was still half-charged and clock showing correct time.
So, this is my
1556887966582193850803004471777.jpg
celebratory vaping with a vintage mod, the Smok R80...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread