Tekk Mod...Any reviews? or Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I'm seriously considering getting a Tekk mod. These look fantastic and have so much I want. (2) 18650 batteries, 4000 mah. No separate charger needed, usb charging, pass-through while charging, and it can charge my cell phone...while vaping! The charge lasts for days on end and it looks pretty good too. It comes with the charging cacle and 6 charging adapters to charge everything from my cell phone, ipod, etc.

I can get a regular 5 volt or a vari volt with slider switch set for 4.5, 4.8, and 5.2. I don't really understand the need for vari volt so that is my first question...which would I like better. Is it more enjoyable to just have a consistent 5 volt or do I really need the 3 settings? I'm used to dripping with an ego and LR 510. This comes native 510.

Second question: at 5 volts do I stick with a 510 atty or a HV 510 atty (if so, which is the best 510 atty at 5 volts and where to get) or should I get an adapter and try an 801, 901, or something else. I've never vaped at 5 volts so I need this info as well.

I also plan on using 510 cartomizers once I get a higher voltage mod. Cartomizers have been lacking with my ego/rivas. Any suggestions on the best cartos to get and where to purchase?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm extremely excited to get into higher voltage vaping and this mod excites me. Prior to seeing the Tekk, I was considering a GLV 2. GLV 2 would be my second choice, but that Tekk is just calling to me.

Thanks to anyone in advance who cares to contribute.

LKin

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
USA
Hello.

Surprised no one that has a Tekk Mod has shown up here to offer some input. I got my first mod about a month ago, so I am quite new to this. Take my input for what it is.

The Tekk mod was on the shortlist for my first mod. As you put it, it has everything you could want in a mod. It looks fantastic! You can get it as a 5 volt device (deemed to be the sweet spot for vaping by many if not most) or you can get it as a variable volt device. In addition to the other features, not being forced to invest in battery chargers and batteries made it a slam dunk!

The only thing that bothered me about it was that the unit cannot be disassembled to replace the batteries. (I may be wrong about this.) I am sure chev used the highest quality batteries, but I have no idea what the life expectancy of an 18650 battery is when it is under constant use or as it ages. That being said, I have not read of any complaints about battery performance on the forums, so this may be a non-issue.

In the end, I went with the Little Sister mod and the Altsmoke Omega, because I wanted the ability to change out batteries if I thought they were going bad. I also liked the ability of the Little Sister to perform anywhere between 3.7 and 7.2 volts. (Big Brother shipped yesterday.) That being said, the Tekk mod is still on my list of mods to get.

All totaled, the Tekk mod is at a great price point. If you were to get a basic 5 volt box mod instead, you would still be looking at spending $75 - $80 after you were to add in the cost of battery chargers and batteries. If you're going to spend that, you've pretty much paid for the Tekk mod or any other similar device, and even then, you are losing the benefits of the Tekk mod. Less expensive mods lack the fantastic looks and all of the great features chev build into this device!

As I was typing this post, I was reading through other reviews and even watched a youtube review of this product. It reminded me of why this mod was on my shortlist. This is a high end vaping device.

As Ferris Bueller so aptly put it:

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

debb

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
in the nj woods
I absolutely loved my Tekk...unfortunately 5v is just too much for me....so..I sadly sold it..that said...It came with an awesome pkg...a nice tray with tons of adapters...The build was exceptional as was the features...One of the best mods I had the pleasure of owning...as for what you would like better ..only you know that....if you are a fan of 5v...then there u go...:) ..I personally like vv myself...I used an array of cartos and attys...with adapters...which I get all my attys from cov...just my preference...you will be very happy with the Tekk...not a bad thing to say about the pv....I really miss mine...and hope to own another someday.. :)

LKin

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
USA
I can get a regular 5 volt or a vari volt with slider switch set for 4.5, 4.8, and 5.2. I don't really understand the need for vari volt so that is my first question...which would I like better. Is it more enjoyable to just have a consistent 5 volt or do I really need the 3 settings? I'm used to dripping with an ego and LR 510. This comes native 510.

Flavors will taste different at different voltages. The variable mod gives you some more freedom to customize the voltage to each flavor. You may find the added flexibility to be nice. On my Little Sister, I do seem to settle on 5 volts more often than not.

Second question: at 5 volts do I stick with a 510 atty or a HV 510 atty (if so, which is the best 510 atty at 5 volts and where to get) or should I get an adapter and try an 801, 901, or something else. I've never vaped at 5 volts so I need this info as well.

5 volt vaping uses a normal resistance atomizer only. It provides too much power for a low resistance atty and not enough for a high voltage one.

A 510 atty is great for all voltages. In the future, I recommend picking up adapters and LR 901 and LR 801 attys with carts to try on the ego. or regular resistance for a 5 volt mod. I did this two weeks ago and I am very happy I did. Just a different taste, you don't need them, but fun to play with.

Be warned; in my opinion, the LR 801 is very strong. I really like it. Hard throat hit, much more like a real cigarette. Also, it is big. The atty and cart are longer than an eGo battery.

If you started vaping with the eGo, then you probably never needed one, but if you have had a USB passthrough, you may have. The 510 passthrough, without the inline battery, is a 5 volt device.

I also plan on using 510 cartomizers once I get a higher voltage mod. Cartomizers have been lacking with my ego/rivas. Any suggestions on the best cartos to get and where to purchase?

I still need to figure out how to refill them right so they don't burn out.

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm extremely excited to get into higher voltage vaping and this mod excites me. Prior to seeing the Tekk, I was considering a GLV 2. GLV 2 would be my second choice, but that Tekk is just calling to me.

I think you'll really love it! Please post a review of it if you end up getting one.

Thanks to anyone in advance who cares to contribute.

Hopefully, more people with the Tekk mod or a similar device will chime in here. I don't have one yet.

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
I do have a Tekk mod. I've had it for awhile now ( several months...5 months ? i cant remember ) . I do have the 5v Tekk mod sold by Clouds of Vapor. I love mine. It stays charged for 2 full days for me and thats why I love it so much. It's a strong device and I usually vape on it everyday. ( i tend to have 2 or 3 mod's going each day )

The only thing that does concern me about them is the battery exchange problem...because you do have to send it back to have the batteries replaced...but Chevy says they should last between 1 and 2 years. And, Chev is a great guy to deal with and is easily available to talk to about this.

This is a strong mod....love the look and feel of it..and I highly recommend it for a steady 5 v device. I don't know anything about the other VV one..so i cannot say.

So....Hope i have helped just a little bit.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
Thanks for responding Deb, LKin, WhatAClumsyGirl and BasilRay. Yeah, love the look and idea of both mods (Tekk and Fistpack. Unfortunately, a fistpack is unavailable at this time. So I just placed an order for a Tekk mod with Black Horn button (Like the COV Tekk mod). This one will also have a small vari volt slider switch under the button on the back set for 3 voltage options: 4.5, 4.8, 5.2. It will also still have the ability for 5 volt output to charge anything else while vaping. I can charge my phone or power a pass-through for a second person, while vaping at 5 volts. That's just too cool. No more battery charging rotation everyday. Just plug in at night and go. Batteries should crank out consistent voltage for anywhere from 3-5 days before needing that overnight charge again. More like 2-3 in practical life, I'm guessing (but what an improvement that will be!)

I just got a new 4G phone and use a few apps during the day so between ecig charging and phone charging, it is driving me nuts. I feel more chained to my addiction than when I actually smoked. I also leave the house feeling like a pack mule with a small pack of back-ups, and chargers in addition to an extra atty, carto, and juice. I don't want this anymore. I want a device that's consistent and only have to worry about bringing an extra atty and a bottle of juice. I'll keep an ego pass-through in the car for emergencies or for the passenger who wants to vape off the Tekk mod with me. When the phone needs a charge, I'll plug it into my 5 volt vape. Now that's efficiency.

I'll post reviews of my new baby when it arrives. Still want a fistpack down the road too for the same great "efficiencies" but slightly smaller package. Who knows, I may not feel the need if this Tekk is as great as it sounds and the preliminary reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread