Which 510 Mega Cartomizers work best with the 808?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
I am trying to find a good 510 xl/mega cartomizer to use with my 808D-1. I understand that I need the adaptor but when I look around at the different cartomizers, some say that they only work with atomizers. I want a carto that holds more and produces good vapor and enhances FSUSA flavors. The 808 cartos I have been using aren't cutting it.

Santa is bringing me an Ego and I will use it with the cartos also as opposed to dripping. :vapor:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Trichman there are TWO different kinds of carts.

One is a Cartridge that works with an atomizer.
The other is the Cartomizer that has the atomizer built into it.

David was selling the Cartomizers and yes, you need an adpter to use the 510 Cartomizers with the KR808D-1. You can get it here. Electronic Cigarettes and eLiquid / Totally Wicked eLiquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products and when you order it I would specify "901-510 adapter(901/808D-1 bat to 510 at)." These cartos David is selling are excellent and I really like them a lot.

This company has the Mega Cartomizer - TORNADO MEGA CARTOMIZERS (EMPTY) - Black and again, you will need an adapter to use it with the 808 battery and yes, a syringe is required to fill them.

You remove the mouthpiece and an inner seal cap (with a paper clip) and then puncture a seal in the center of the carto with the syringe needle.

The mega-carto is larger than the 808 battery and doesn't look right, but with the adapter it does work on the 808. I'm using them on my Buzz (as well as occasionally an 808 batty) and like them a lot. The ones David sells actually look better on the 808 but they are smaller and hold less.

Hope this info helps!

trichman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
USA
Thanks T. Can you recommend the right size syringe? I see the cartomizer David has and will get it from him. Looks like I'll need to get the adapter at the other site.

I am really anxious to get my ego but must wait until Christmas or so I'm told by the boss. I could have had it by now but I can't pass up these sales. I just got to the point where I have juice aging and ready when I need it and what can I say, I'm addicted to sales. You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much juice.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Yeah trichman, you got it. Get the cartos from David and the adapters at the other site. David's building up his hardware supply and I'm sure he'll have these adapters sometime in the future. Their a small, inexpensive item. And I don't think you'll regret getting David's cartos. They are excellent!

On the syringe, I use a 3ml syringe with a 18 gauage needle. No particular reason ... and when you buy them just ask for a larger needle if you wish. I think the smaller the needle number, the larger the needle. You might find it easier to get larger needles at a Feed Store than a pharmacy.

A couple tips. One, put some Scotch tape around the ml markings on the syringe you want to preserve. If you don't the markings will disappear quickly. I usually take the needle off and fill the syringe without it, then put the needle back on. Aspirating through the needle can be difficult.

Keep a small pair of needle nose pliers in your arsenal to just snug up the needle a little bit. After the first time it comes off the syringe and you blow juice all over your face and everything else nearby, you'll determine that its a good idea to do this.

Some people take the syringe plunger out and fill the syringe from the top. I've tried this, but find I lose juice when trying to get the plunger back in, I make a mess and end up with a lot of air in the syringe. Probably just me.

Another thing I do is use two glass condiment cups. They hold an ounce or two of liquid and are available on line and usually at candle shops. Or, a shot glass would work just as well.

If I'm filling several CE2's (for example), I pour the liquid into the condiment cup and draw it into the syringe from there. Its a lot easier. When I finish (and I try to keep only 30ml bottles or larger) I use a moistened Q-Tip to help drain liquid back into the juice bottle so that its not wasted.

You're smart for having juice aging while you have another supply for use. That's the way to do it. And Christmas is only about six weeks away, so you'll be having that fine, new eGo before you know it. Happy Vaping!

Last edited:

Denrock316

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Ohio, USA
As far as a syringe for the joye cartos if your just getting the 510 version I would recommend a 1ml syringe and use the small sharp needle it come with. When you fill your carto pull the plunger out and drip to fill the syringe, just be sure to put the needle in the carto before you put the plunger in at all or it will start running out on you. I find this much easier than trying to draw the liquid up with the syringe also if you use a thinner sharper needle it seems like the filler in the carto works better longer. After you start the plunger and begin filling position the syringe and carto nearly horizontal and very slowly push in the liquid and turn the carto as you fill this will help fill it evenly. Try to let it sit for about a half hour after you fill it if not longer (you'll probably want to rotate a couple cartos) they work and taste better if you can let them sit for a bit. I put in 1ml on the first fill and .5ml to refill. You'll only need a 3ml syringe if you get the eGo big cartos and even then only for the first fill when it's new. The reason I recommend the 1ml syringe is you can pre-fill the syringe and not be pushing in a large amount of air. I started using this method with a 5ml syringe and I found that after I'd pushed most of the liquid in if I pushed the plunger all the way down the air would actually push some liquid right out the thread end of the carto and make a small mess as well as not fill it as well because air was where liquid should be.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
A couple tips. One, put some Scotch tape around the ml markings on the syringe you want to preserve. If you don't the markings will disappear quickly. I usually take the needle off and fill the syringe without it, then put the needle back on. Aspirating through the needle can be difficult.

Keep a small pair of needle nose pliers in your arsenal to just snug up the needle a little bit. After the first time it comes off the syringe and you blow juice all over your face and everything else nearby, you'll determine that its a good idea to do this.

Good tip about the scotch tape. I'm going to do that.

Last night, I had just finished filling a cartomizer. I was in the midst of squirting the last few drops of liquid back into my 120 ml. bottle of RY5. The needle came out and went to the bottom of the bottle. Fortunately, I have some 100 ml. beakers, so I poured the liquid into one and got the needle out with a long pair of tweezers. What a hassle!

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Good tip about the scotch tape. I'm going to do that.

Last night, I had just finished filling a cartomizer. I was in the midst of squirting the last few drops of liquid back into my 120 ml. bottle of RY5. The needle came out and went to the bottom of the bottle. Fortunately, I have some 100 ml. beakers, so I poured the liquid into one and got the needle out with a long pair of tweezers. What a hassle!

Danged white wine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread