Which batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryd

Mar 27, 2013
North Yorkshire
I suspect this has been asked before but I generally buy cheap 1100mah batteries off ebay and some last ages. Ive been unlucky in the last two batches I bought and they havent held a charge long. I bought a set of three recently 1500mah so supposedly longer lasting than my usual 1100mah. They are defective and only last about 30min so I am sending them back.

I like the 1100 as they charge quick and usually last me all day. Thats good enough for me. Can anyone recommend a good supplier or model off ebay or somewhere else? I use a Kanga mini glass tank (I think) and the slim battery types. seems to work fine normally.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Go to www.IMRBatteries.com or www.RTDVapor.com and shop for cells. Both stock only legitimate brands from the OEM supplier and you can trust the cells you buy from them to be authentic. You might even pay less than some vendors, especially if you are buying batteries from a retail vape shop. They have to mark up because they buy in small quantities and don't get the volume pricing from distributors.

Stay away from Ebay and Amazon for batteries. There's lots of fakes. Buy direct from a battery dealer. The two above are reliable sources for genuine cells.

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’ve used eBay for 20 years and I’ve had good luck with vape gear in general, as I do my homework.

That said, one thing I’d never trust is buying batteries there. Other gear, you can cross check to see if it’s authentic, and really even most clones are not bad.

Batteries can be dangerous though. And there is no way to know if they’re authentic or not. It’s just not worth the risk.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
@DaveP I'm pretty sure he's looking for ego type batteries.

@barryd try this supplier. These are guaranteed genuine. Do stay away from ebay for any type of battery.

Kanger Batteries

I'm pretty sure he is talking those type of batteries, and not 18650s (or any other removable battery cell).

I do not know a good place online for them, my local shop carries tons of them for dirt cheap, maybe you can find one near you that does too.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thanks for the replies. Ive just realised it looks like this is a US forum and Im in the UK. Yep, they are EGO batteries.

Oops!

Sorry for the mixup. In the U.S. we refer to batteries as a removable cell that's inserted into a removable battery mod. Some refer to the "handle" part of their ecig that contains a built in battery as a battery. It's just a term reference that may vary among countries and regions.

I started vaping with Joye 510 and Ego. I called the parts "battery" and "atomizer" back then, too. That was a proper term. The eGo of old contained a tiny shrink wrapped battery connected by wires soldered onto the battery inside covered by a clear shrink wrap. I charged the eGo several times a day and used my Joye 510 while it was charging.

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
You know, I wonder if the issues you are having with buying these types of batteries lately is they are just old???

Does anyone know if these are even currently being manufactured? I would personally be weary of buying a battery like this (or an old model internal battery mod). I've got a few that I have had for several years. One never used. Charged it up and it didn't hold a charge for squat.

Not sure, maybe others would have some input here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread