*Which CARTS last the longest for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
I am hoping to get lots of replies to this post....

Which carts last the longest for all of you...
Is it PRE-filled carts from V4L? or RE-filled carts with V4L juice?

I have only been vaping and refilling for 4 months, but in my limited experience the V4L PRE-filled carts last 2 to 3 times longer than my refills. Maybe I am no good at refilling carts? LOL !

I am curious what king or results the rest of you are getting?
Makes me wonder??How do they fill the carts at the factory?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I am always refilling, because I never found a pre-filled I liked.:( One trick I've found is
to use a syringe, you can see how much you're adding and you can add the juice from
the bottom up. Dripping juice on the top of the filler will never fill the cart unless you
have more patience that I do!:facepalm:

Try dripping as much juice as you possibly can on any cart filler, then take tweezers
and pull out the filler. It will only be juiced half way down at best.
A syringe can soak the bottom of the filler first and a few drops on top complete the job.:vapor:

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Hmmmmmmm that's strange that you are getting longer performance from a pre-filled than a juiced Carto. If a person is trying to maximize the amount of juice in a Carto, it's as easy as dripping, a light taryn spin to force the fluid down and dripping again to top it off.

However Dripping or Juicing performance depends heavily on the condition of a Cartomizer. A uncleaned well used Cartomizer will suffer from poor vapor production, altered taste, and poor air flow.

I think cleaning Cartos on a regular basis keeps them at peak performance and extends their life spans. I have some that I have filled at least 100 times which reduces their usage cost down to 2-3 cents per Cart.

Now I did have a pre-filled Parliament bonus Carto that lasted me a full 8 hours which was impressive.

As for which lasts the longest and holds the most juice it has to be a Cool Carto. I recently switched from only Cool Cartos to Cool Cartos on my p/v so I don't burn my lips and Wow Blanks for my batts.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
I've never had a pre-filled carto last as long as one I've filled myself. I prefer using cool cart blanks and can get 35-42 drops, by dripping and using the Taryn spinning technique, every 5-8 drops. The cool carts also have a longer lifespan than Wow blanks. Those only last me 2 or 3 refills, before tasting off or burnt, despite my never letting them get to dry. Even a refilled pre-filled, when empty, can be reused quite a few times, as long as the same juice is being used in them.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
Great thread! My pre-filled cartos last longer. I would say my refills (all from formerly pre-filled) last half as long or better (50-75%). I think that as I get more comfortable and consistent with refilling, this stat will improve. So far it seems like the drippers and the shooters are having better luck with the longevity of their refills. Any CCRM folks out there with similar success?

Disclaimer: All cartos are not equal in the amount of filler so the above stat has an error ratio of 5%.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I have used prefilled cartos that have lasted a pretty long time. But, a lot of the prefilled cartos I have used were over-full and required some of the juice to be blown out so then they did not last as long.

I get the best results with cartos that I have filled and let sit overnight. They seem to last longer than cartos that I top off during the day. So, I just fill 3 or 4 cartos before I go to bed and let them sit for the next day. I normally drip all on 1 side until the juice works it's way through the other side of the filler material. If you drip juice on 1 side, eventually you will see the juice come up from the bottom of the other side. I normally give it 1 more drop after that. That way I know I have gotten as much juice as possible in the carto.

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
I get more milage out of my refills than pre-filled. Most carts (WOW carts) I can get 1.25mL of juice into per fill and they do last longer than pre-fills. I just Taryn spin and drip. Between 30 - 35 drops go into a WOWcart every refill.

I do clean my cartos and empty them before refilling inbetween washings. I think this really helps the life of a carto. Now I only have to wash cartos when the flavour starts getting funny after 15-20 refills instead of every 3 or 4 because the draw has degraded too much.

I also don't top off cartos. I fill then vape till the flavour disappears, empty, then refill. I keep a straightened out paper clip to run in the draw hole to make sure everything is aligned and clear.

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
I get more milage out of my refills than pre-filled. Most carts (WOW carts) I can get 1.25mL of juice into per fill and they do last longer than pre-fills. I just Taryn spin and drip. Between 30 - 35 drops go into a WOWcart every refill.

I do clean my cartos and empty them before refilling inbetween washings. I think this really helps the life of a carto. Now I only have to wash cartos when the flavour starts getting funny after 15-20 refills instead of every 3 or 4 because the draw has degraded too much.

I also don't top off cartos. I fill then vape till the flavour disappears, empty, then refill. I keep a straightened out paper clip to run in the draw hole to make sure everything is aligned and clear.

I like the consistency of your re-fills!
Do you start with blanks or pre-filled?
You vape, then empty (reverse Taryn spin?), and repeat 15-20 times per carto before you wash cartos?
Do you drip onto the filler (with the mouthpiece off) or through the atomizer/battery end?
Do you poke holes in the filler?

This information will help me try to duplicate your great results. If I could just get to the 30 drops and do that 15 times, I'd be happy. Thanks for posting your method.
:)

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
For those of you using syringes....where do you buy them at online?
I really think this is a great tip for getting better results re-filling...gotta try it.

For those of you doing all the cleaning....I clean my batteries, but I've got no plans to start cleaning carts. I vape parlaments, and they are $5.95 for a 5 pk. When I buy them on sale like I did last time, that makes them only $4.20 per 5 pk. Not worth cleaning them out ! ; ) I'll just refill them 6-8 times and then toss them.

Last edited:

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
I like the consistency of your re-fills!
Do you start with blanks or pre-filled?
You vape, then empty (reverse Taryn spin?), and repeat 15-20 times per carto before you wash cartos?
Do you drip onto the filler (with the mouthpiece off) or through the atomizer/battery end?
Do you poke holes in the filler?

This information will help me try to duplicate your great results. If I could just get to the 30 drops and do that 15 times, I'd be happy. Thanks for posting your method.
:)

=D I'll do my best in explaining.

I start with blanks or pre-filled. Usually prefilled but I've been going more towards blanks as my palate becomes more discerning and labeling is less important. Neither one seems to make a difference to me except with blanks (or a washed carto) I always put 35 drops for the first fill. Note: I use WOWcarts but this will work for Coolcarts as well. With CoolCarts you can do 35 - 40 drops.

Yes, I vape a cart till it's "dry". Dry to me is when the flavour really falls off with a slight marshmallow note though technically the cart isn't empty. Then Reverse Taryn Spin any juice left in the carto. I mean spin the sucker too, not just a few seconds. I spin mine in a battery bag for about a minute to make sure I can get all the juice I can out of the filler. I remove the mouthpiece and put the carto slightly in a cap condom to catch the juice. I also do not plug the battery end. Sometimes if the center is looking a little dark I'll smoosh out a q-tip and dab it onto the surface of the filler. I try not to press too hard cause I don't want to squish the filler.

Warning: The juice that comes out of the cartos will not look pretty, especially after a few refills. It's dark thick and icky. I just clean the condom out with a q-tip and take it as a loss. I've tried recycling better looking stuff but it just tastes blech! At most it's usually maybe 2-3 drops worth of juice lost. Now I refill.

I do refill cartos about 15-20 times inbetween cleaning. There is a caveat here. I can go 15-20 refills with WOWjuice, but not Premium Juice. Premium juices seem to gunk up faster. About 5-10 refills is all I can get from Premium juices. (Of course the only Premium juice I still vape is Menthol since it isn't available in WOWjuice yet but I remember Bananas Foster going icky pretty quick.)

Refilling. I refill by dripping into the filler with the mouthpiece removed and the battery end plugged. I drop into the filler by holding the cart at an angle so the juice lands on just a small part of the out portion of the filler. I do 10 drops at first then wait for it to absorb. Then I release 5 drops and again wait for it to absorb. Try to always keep the carto at a angle while some juice is pooled on top of the filler and try to always drip into the same spot. Then I release another batch of 5 drops. At this point usually some or all of the last batch of drops won't absorb. This is when I drop the carto and Taryn Spin for about 5-10 seconds. Take the carto out and now drip another 10 drops in the carto. On the last batch I usually will wait for each drop to absorb before continuing. Sometimes the juice may pool on the last few drops but not often. Taryn Spin one last time for about 10 seconds.

Now I remove the .... plug and put the mouthpiece back in. Then I take the large paperclip I straightened (get some pliers and about an hour and really make sure the sucker is straight! lol) and starting in the battery end run it through the cartos out through the mouthpiece and back out. If you meet resistance don't force it or the inner protecting piece for the atomiser may come out. Gently try to coax it through removing the mouthpiece if need be to see. Then I grab a q-tip and clean the battery end of any excess juice and grime.

Next grab a pair of needle nose pliers. Jeweler's pliers work great. The end of the plier needs to fit in the space between the contact and the out part of the carto (battery end). Get the pliers down in there and twist the middle clockwise just a tiny bit. There will come a point where the contact reaches a sweet spot. (Sometimes I'll sit fiddling with a carto over and over till I find it too!) When reached just move the contact back and forth and put it back in it sweet spot.

Carto now is ready to vape. No need to wait. At this point I take a freshly charged batt clean it up, clear the draw holes, attach carto, and enjoy vaping bliss.

I hope this is concise enough. It tried to keep it as short as possible (really I did!). I just wanted to make sure I covered it all. PLMK how it works for you!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
For those of you using syringes....where do you buy them at online?
I really think this is a great tip for getting better results re-filling...gotta try it.

For those of you doing all the cleaning....I clean my batteries, but I've got no plans to start cleaning carts. I vape parlaments, and they are $5.95 for a 5 pk. When I buy them on sale like I did last time, that makes them only $4.20 per 5 pk. Not worth cleaning them out ! ; ) I'll just refill them 6-8 times and then toss them.

syringes are available at FSUSA and any number of other suppliers. I don't so much
clean carts as replace the filler with new "blue foam" (aquarimum filter from Petco)
which will hold more juice, wick faster, completly adjustable (smaller or bigger piece
depending on how thick you juice is) and easy to cut to fit.
I replace the filler even on new carts, the foam just works better.

phishtraveler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
...in middle america
syringes are available at FSUSA and any number of other suppliers. I don't so much
clean carts as replace the filler with new "blue foam" (aquarimum filter from Petco)
which will hold more juice, wick faster, completly adjustable (smaller or bigger piece
depending on how thick you juice is) and easy to cut to fit.
I replace the filler even on new carts, the foam just works better.

I like this tip. How do you remove the filler ?

ThankU4Vaping

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2010
NJ
=D I'll do my best in explaining.

I start with blanks or pre-filled. Usually prefilled but I've been going more towards blanks as my palate becomes more discerning and labeling is less important. Neither one seems to make a difference to me except with blanks (or a washed carto) I always put 35 drops for the first fill. Note: I use WOWcarts but this will work for Coolcarts as well. With CoolCarts you can do 35 - 40 drops.

Yes, I vape a cart till it's "dry". Dry to me is when the flavour really falls off with a slight marshmallow note though technically the cart isn't empty. Then Reverse Taryn Spin any juice left in the carto. I mean spin the sucker too, not just a few seconds. I spin mine in a battery bag for about a minute to make sure I can get all the juice I can out of the filler. I remove the mouthpiece and put the carto slightly in a cap condom to catch the juice. I also do not plug the battery end. Sometimes if the center is looking a little dark I'll smoosh out a q-tip and dab it onto the surface of the filler. I try not to press too hard cause I don't want to squish the filler.

Warning: The juice that comes out of the cartos will not look pretty, especially after a few refills. It's dark thick and icky. I just clean the condom out with a q-tip and take it as a loss. I've tried recycling better looking stuff but it just tastes blech! At most it's usually maybe 2-3 drops worth of juice lost. Now I refill.

I do refill cartos about 15-20 times inbetween cleaning. There is a caveat here. I can go 15-20 refills with WOWjuice, but not Premium Juice. Premium juices seem to gunk up faster. About 5-10 refills is all I can get from Premium juices. (Of course the only Premium juice I still vape is Menthol since it isn't available in WOWjuice yet but I remember Bananas Foster going icky pretty quick.)

Refilling. I refill by dripping into the filler with the mouthpiece removed and the battery end plugged. I drop into the filler by holding the cart at an angle so the juice lands on just a small part of the out portion of the filler. I do 10 drops at first then wait for it to absorb. Then I release 5 drops and again wait for it to absorb. Try to always keep the carto at a angle while some juice is pooled on top of the filler and try to always drip into the same spot. Then I release another batch of 5 drops. At this point usually some or all of the last batch of drops won't absorb. This is when I drop the carto and Taryn Spin for about 5-10 seconds. Take the carto out and now drip another 10 drops in the carto. On the last batch I usually will wait for each drop to absorb before continuing. Sometimes the juice may pool on the last few drops but not often. Taryn Spin one last time for about 10 seconds.

Now I remove the .... plug and put the mouthpiece back in. Then I take the large paperclip I straightened (get some pliers and about an hour and really make sure the sucker is straight! lol) and starting in the battery end run it through the cartos out through the mouthpiece and back out. If you meet resistance don't force it or the inner protecting piece for the atomiser may come out. Gently try to coax it through removing the mouthpiece if need be to see. Then I grab a q-tip and clean the battery end of any excess juice and grime.

Next grab a pair of needle nose pliers. Jeweler's pliers work great. The end of the plier needs to fit in the space between the contact and the out part of the carto (battery end). Get the pliers down in there and twist the middle clockwise just a tiny bit. There will come a point where the contact reaches a sweet spot. (Sometimes I'll sit fiddling with a carto over and over till I find it too!) When reached just move the contact back and forth and put it back in it sweet spot.

Carto now is ready to vape. No need to wait. At this point I take a freshly charged batt clean it up, clear the draw holes, attach carto, and enjoy vaping bliss.

I hope this is concise enough. It tried to keep it as short as possible (really I did!). I just wanted to make sure I covered it all. PLMK how it works for you!

Wonderful. That was exactly the amount of conciseness I wanted. The little details matter to me. I will report back when I try this. Thanks a million! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread