Which cut-off voltage for 18650 and 26650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marquee

Aug 20, 2014
Utrecht, NL
With Escribe I can adjust a great number of settings and parameters of my dna mods. One of the settings is the cut-off voltage. In my DNA75 mod, which I use with 26650 cells, I set it at 3V, but that seems to cut the engine off too drastically. My question is more generally: what is a sound cut-off voltage for 18650 cells and for 26650 cells?

Thanks for your replies folks!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you are talking about the voltage at which the mod declares "replace battery", the popular setting for most mods is 3.2v. According to Mooch (our local battery expert), you can go down to 2.9v without damaging a lithium battery.

Personally, I'm good with a 3.2v cut off. I frequently replace my batteries before the mod declares the battery should be charged. Doing that takes some charge stress off the battery and lengthens effective life.

Look at Mooch's battery tests and watch how the graph suddenly drops off at the low end. When you approach that level there's no point in extending cutoff into that area because the mod is working over time to maintain your vape voltage setting from a lower battery level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread