Which do you think is the biggest risk to the miracle of e-Cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeBlood

Oct 5, 2011
Florida
1. Total ban driven by big pharma?

2. Total ban driven by big tobacco?

3. Total ban driven by the anti-smoking establishment?

4. FDA classification of the e-cig as a medical device driven by big pharma so they can monopolize and drive up pricing and limit options while labeling it a smoking cessation device available by prescription only?

5. A major movement to classify e-juice as a tobacco equivalent resulting in massive "sin" taxes that make e-smoking more expensive than traditional tobacco?

6. Legitimate medical studies showing a previously unseen yet very serious and pervasive health risk greater than or close to that of conventional smoking?

7. Some combination of big pharma plus big tobacco combining to falsely demonstrate reasons why we as the smoking public should not have this alternative?

8. Global behind the scenes international power brokers concerned about over population taking action to insure that the millions of annual deaths due to smoking continue to reduce population, reproductivity, and to protect the multi-trillion dollar health care industry that relies on a constant influx of aging smokers to generate revenues?

9. A complete global shift to fascism with the bourgeoisie dictating our every move?

10. The governments of the world seeing the MASSIVE losses on tax dollars from rapidly declining tobacco sales, will do anything necessary to force us back into not using nicotine, or smoking?

Honestly, I don't see any force great enough to stop the shift. With the technology constantly improving and the soon to be released widespread and independently funded Heath studies all stating that at the BARE minimum the harm reduction is 90% or greater stoping this trend is impossible UNLESS....
Should a serious and widespread health issues arise. As an example, a disease like hepatitis or other highly communicable and fatal or debilitating disease finding it's way into 50 gallon drum of 54 MG e-juice which kills literally 100's of e-cig users and does so quickly.

All of that said, big pharma, medical and big tobacco will suffer greatly on many different fronts if what I believe is going to happen happens. I believe that without a major negative event or absurd restriction of e-Cigs that AT LEAST 50% of American (I can only speak for the US credibly) smokers will have trasitioned over to e-Cigs in the next 10 years. I believe that number will be 90% by the year 2016.

Eclipsed1770

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
South Carolina
I think the biggest risk is the misinformation and the backlash that it could cause banning vaping entirerly. Everything you listed is a possible risk that could happen. I've encountered a number of people that still think it's as bad as second hand smoke, which was never really proven to be bad, and still treat vapors as smokers.

jonhanz

Moved On
Oct 5, 2011
San Diego
  • Deleted by classwife

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I think the biggest risk we face is our own behavior as a community.

Sometimes people/vendors/organizations say or do things in the community that could raise the ire of the regulatory agencies. In some cases that might be *good*. But in reality we need to learn to self regulate as much as possible. The more we are able to moderate our own behavior and the behavior of vendors, the better prepared we are to make a defense of the "right to vape".

The outcome of this process, has a lot more to do with what *we* do, than outside influences. And at least I believe it is best accomplished without a "pitch fork and torches" type of attitude.

That of course would be my opinion of course.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Lack of information to the public is a big problem, IMO. PG does have warnings on the side of the bottle that say inhalation of vapers may cause irritation to the lungs, mouth, and sinus cavities. We know that can happen, but there's no skull and crossbones anywhere on the bottle.

We really don't have any true evidence for ecigs in a medical trial situation, although there are ongoing medical school university studies that have enlisted people from Ecig forums to participate.

The anecdotal evidence points toward a lack of serious problems reported on forums by users, but there's no long term study results to point to. As best we know, no one has linked ecigs to a death, although there was one case where a doctor in England remarked that he knew that the deceased was a vaper and he used an electronic cigarette. That caused a lot of discussion.

100% of people who eat carrots eventually die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread