Which e-cig do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoyceTee

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Texas
I started out with the DSE901, but decided I wanted to try something with longer battery life and atomizers that held more juice since I use mine every waking minute, not because I am addicted to the nicotine, I'm addicted to the cream and vanilla flavors, like having desert all day long, so I ordered the pen-style.

I just received my pen-syle which I also invested in 3 additional batteries, 3 or 4 (don't remember) extra atomizers, blank carts (oops those were free), and extra charger.

Having used the pen-style for 2 days now, I do not like it. I don't get the vapor that I get with the DSE901, it is very hard to draw (probably why I don't get the vapor) not to mention the weight difference.

So now I have a sizeable investment in something I probably will not use ever again.

So let's hear some reviews on your favorite e-cig. I want something with easy draw (us old folks need easy everything), good vapor, battery life and not having to juice up every few minutes. (yeah I know every few minutes is a lot, but I've not only quit cigs since day 1 of vaporing, but I don't eat sweets anymore either!!:D)

hma95

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Upper MI USA
Well, I started with a DSE901 from esmokey 3 months back. My #1 fav. is the 510! The carts seem bigger and with the coffee stirrer mod, I can add a lot more juice when topping off. The battery doesn't last as long as a 901, but with a USB passthrough and PCC cases, I don't worry about it and never has been a problem. I also like the fact there is no cleaning cycle with the 510, glad to get away from that burnt taste! Also no more battery's turning on by themselves with the the manual 510! It took me less than a day to get used to a manual, never looked back!

I do want to try eastmall's e-cigar someday. I think it would be great for lounging at home, but on the go, my 510 hand's down. :D

Of course I feel the same way with my top 2 liquids I can't live without! RY4 and Vanilla both from eastmall!! mmmmmmmmmmmm heaven!

JoyceTee

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Texas
I like the 510 manuals, but cannot seem to keep the atomisers clean for longer than a month. Right now I'm putting off buying some new ones and using a 402 instead.

Clean for a month? OMG I must be cleaning mine too often, at least every 2 weeks if not more. How do you clean yours? Maybe I'm doing mine wrong.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Clean for a month? OMG I must be cleaning mine too often, at least every 2 weeks if not more. How do you clean yours? Maybe I'm doing mine wrong.

I blow them out every evening. Tried water, alcohol, acid, boiling, all sorts of other tricks, but none of them seem to work any better than that. I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that they simply get too gunked up after a while and the only thing to do is buy new ones when they start tasting too nasty.

hma95

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Upper MI USA
I never blow mine out every night. Once a week I blow them out (2 at a time in rotation), then drop them in a glass of Pepsi overnight. In the morning I blow them out, rinse in hot water, blow out again, repeat the rinse/blow once more then let them sit (cart end down) on a paper towel for the rest of the day. Next day I drop 4 or 5 drops on the atomizer, fill a new cart and I'm good.

I started doing that the first week I got my 901 and the 3 months I used it, the atomizers are still good and haven't had one go bad. It's only been 3 weeks with my 510, but so far so good and no problems.

I also am a heavy vaper and seems like I'm vaping almost 24/7 :lol:

JoyceTee

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Texas
I never blow mine out every night. Once a week I blow them out (2 at a time in rotation), then drop them in a glass of Pepsi overnight. In the morning I blow them out, rinse in hot water, blow out again, repeat the rinse/blow once more then let them sit (cart end down) on a paper towel for the rest of the day. Next day I drop 4 or 5 drops on the atomizer, fill a new cart and I'm good.

I started doing that the first week I got my 901 and the 3 months I used it, the atomizers are still good and haven't had one go bad. It's only been 3 weeks with my 510, but so far so good and no problems.

I also am a heavy vaper and seems like I'm vaping almost 24/7 :lol:

I had been doing the water soak, but will try the Pepsi (Coke in my case), I can see where that would clean better than water.

Strayling, I understand about the "gunk", there's just no way to avoid that. Mine get extremely hot and it's possible that they just burned out, I try to keep a finger on them to feel when it's overheating and change it out. I could also be over extending my carts too, always want the max out of anything I buy and can't throw something out that looks perfectly good to use.

kalc

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
Delhi, India
I had been doing the water soak, but will try the Pepsi (Coke in my case), I can see where that would clean better than water.

Strayling, I understand about the "gunk", there's just no way to avoid that. Mine get extremely hot and it's possible that they just burned out, I try to keep a finger on them to feel when it's overheating and change it out. I could also be over extending my carts too, always want the max out of anything I buy and can't throw something out that looks perfectly good to use.

Why dont u try the cofee stirrer/straw cart mod that hma95 is referring to i believe.
I guess it has worked for many ppl.

JoyceTee

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Texas
Why dont u try the cofee stirrer/straw cart mod that hma95 is referring to i believe.
I guess it has worked for many ppl.

As I am still in the infancy of vaporing (3 months) I have no idea what a "cofee stirrer/straw cart mod" is. I just assumed he was using a coffee stirrer to put the juice in as some do with a syringe.:oops:

JoyceTee

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Texas
I really like the cart mod and I definitely don't top off as often as I used to! The only thing I did different is I cut the stirrer to 3/4 the length of the cart so I don't have to worry about it hitting the atomizer and burning. Still works perfectly and all my carts now have this mod! :)

Ok I have to ask. Is this stirrer cart a cart you have modified or is it one you buy that way? For what type e-cig does it fit? Where do you get them? As you can see I've never heard of that type.:oops:

hma95

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Upper MI USA
This will work on any cart (I think). You just take a coffee stirrer (because they are so small) and cut one end at a slant then cut the other end off to fit your cart.

Here is the link with pictures on how to do this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/11421-cart-mod-better-refilling.html

It's just a cheap mod and coffee stirrers are cheap... free in my case :p Or most places like restaurants have them and just take a couple home with you. 1 stirrer will make 4 mods for me in my 510.

Other people have been trying other things and you can read how that has worked out for them in that link also. Hope that helps.

MrBrown

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Hurst, TX
On subject the 510's are awesome for vapor production, however the battery life is really sad. I keep one plugged into my computer with a USB Pass through at home. I have an 801 mod with a larger battery for when I am out of the house.

Either that or I use a portable USB power supply with my 510 pass through if I'm just going to be in one place (bar) all night.

I also like the 701 cigar occasionally but it is high maintenance and kind of unreliable.

Marlyn M

Apr 1, 2009
NV
Screwdriver, Screwdriver, Screwdriver. And next will be the Prodigy. Batteries last 7-8 hours, only cost $2 to replace, gives consistent throat hit every time and uses 901 atomizers and carts. And it's no bigger than a 901.

I am planning on getting the DSE901 manual batteries to try out once EastMall has them in.

Just to spendy for me right now, but I'll keep dreaming of a new GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread