Which e-cig helped you quit smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudrookie

Nov 3, 2014
Great White North
I'm interested to hear which cig-alikes or setups ultimately helped you stop smoking cigarettes!

Only a week free of darts but the "eStick" starter kit by Juicy E-juice is what did it for me :) good vapor, flavour, and throat hit with e-juices at 36mg. Whenever I have a craving, the eStick is what I reach for.

I've tried the eCab by joyetech but it didn't satisfy me at all. I'm also using the iTaste SVD with 12mg juices in the Nautilus Aspire Mini for flavour vaping when I'm bored.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I started back 16 mos ago on the MVP version 1. Six days later at my first local "meet" won a ProVari full kit. At the time, the Kanger ProTanks version 1 were the going thing. I have since purchased duplicates of both and the ProTank 2's which I learned first to rewick with cellu cotton then recoil with 30 Kanthal.

This last mo. I purchased the Vapor Shark rDNA, several colors of Shark Skinz and the Aspire Nautilus with BVC's. I switch back and forth all the time and am having the best time. No troubles with any of my equipment during my learning curve......Thank goodness!
:laugh:

Edit to add: It was 3 days after I started vaping that I figured out I had quit smoking......after 53 yrs.......I'm a bit slow. :facepalm:

Last edited:

SDGIANTSFAN

Oct 9, 2014
San Diego
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415472128.142349.jpg

First set up, a Vision S
pinner and an Evod

Miss White juice at 18 mg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

proudrookie

Nov 3, 2014
Great White North
I quit smoking in 5 days with a Halo Triton kit.

I was going to get the Halo G6 kit thinking I needed a cig-alike to satisfy the feeling of a cigarette between my fingers, but a friend gave me her eStick and I was surprised how quickly I got used to the manual button. I'm glad I skipped on the cig-alike!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Volt cig-sized and cartos from Smokeless Image. That's all I used for my first 6 months. I "graduated" all the way up to ego-sized and tanks but continued to use Volts until they all finally died. I have my first silver Volt with a carto mounted on the wall labeled with my quit date. 2 1/2 years later, I still have a soft spot in my heart for that first setup.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I quit smoking in 5 days with a Halo Triton kit.
As did I, but I wouldn't recommend starting with it to anyone new. Not because Halo's stuff isn't decent to start with -- it is -- but because because they've stuck to the now obsolete 808 threads when the entire rest of the industry has standardized on 510 threads. That makes 808 threaded stuff bit like Betamax or HD-DVD.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
As did I, but I wouldn't recommend starting with it to anyone new. Not because Halo's stuff isn't decent to start with -- it is -- but because because they've stuck to the now obsolete 808 threads when the entire rest of the industry has standardized on 510 threads. That makes 808 threaded stuff bit like Betamax or HD-DVD.

True, but when I started I needed a place where I could buy everything- battery, coils, e-juice, and not worry about what works well with what and other issues. Halo was that for me and a lot of new vapers. Having something which works and is easy to use was important to me. Once I knew vaping worked and wasn't just a passing distraction, I branched out. Had I started with what I see a lot of people recommending to new vapers I would never have quit smoking...

I still recommend Halo and ProVape-1 kits to new vapers, but it seems most today just want lots of power and clouds...

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
dabbled in cigalikes and egos for months - what really helped kick the habit, is when i got the mvp2. it gave me more then just a "plug and play" system, and took the "normality" of how simple cigs were. the mvp opened up the doors to the vaping world for me, and got me interested more unto the point it became a hobby :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread