Which flavor would be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I'm trying to figure out which of the tobacco names might taste something like a Winston. I spent the weekend with an old friend and her husband. She and I were excited about the possibility of converting a 3 PAD smoker into a vaper, or at the very least get him to supplement them. He was ho-hum on the fence, but willing to try.

I brought batteries and several different flavors for him to try. One was the Wow Tobacco sampler. Kamel was a hit (whew!) but none of the others reminded him of his Winstons. Cowboy was OK and Wowbacco didn't make the cut. I didn't get the other sampler that had things like Hilton and Dunhall because I had no idea what those were supposed to be.

By the end of the first night, he was happily vaping like an old-timer! I was pleasantly surprised. So now they are ready to order (with my expert guidance of course :laugh: ) but we would still like to get some cartos that might taste like a Winston. Does anyone know what flavor that might be? Hilton is about as close at that comes to a 'sounds like'.

Last edited:

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think it's going to be trial and error, Star. I know I have enough juice and cartz to open my own subsidiary of V4L out of my living room because I was looking for the perfect replacement flavor. Nothing replicates smoking your brand exactly, because you are not burning tobacco.

Most people told me in the beginning that the beauty of vaping was trying all the dessert/fruit/candy flavors. I tried 'em all...They never got me completely off analogs. Your friend may be different.

You all may want to pool your money so you can order a bunch of different flavors and do your own swap. Then you'll all get to try something different. Just have him keep at it. Eventually you'll find what you're looking for.

Right now, I vape a rotation Wowboy, Wowbacco, and 555 all at 24mg. That keeps me off analogs.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Thanks for your input. I came off of decades of GPCs so don't really know what other brands taste like. Was just hoping somebody would know if Hilton is supposed to be the disguised name for Winston, or if another one would be close. Maybe the V4L guys will drop in here and help. If not, then we'll just stick with the sampler packs and hopefully he will find something that will give him that all-day satisfaction.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Thanks for checking that out for me Cat, I will pass along your review to him.

Kat: thanks for that info. We'll stick with V4L for his introduction, but I did suggest they get both a 24 and an 18. He is an ultra light smoker, but smokes heavily/often, so I think anything higher would be too much for chain vaping. But ultimately its up to him so I pass along your suggestion too.

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Thanks for checking that out for me Cat, I will pass along your review to him.

Kat: thanks for that info. We'll stick with V4L for his introduction, but I did suggest they get both a 24 and an 18. He is an ultra light smoker, but smokes heavily/often, so I think anything higher would be too much for chain vaping. But ultimately its up to him so I pass along your suggestion too.

hi star, i too was an ultra light smoker, but the 18mg did it for me for over a year ( recently went down to 11mg )
Like kat says, tastes changes so quick when you quit burning the cig,different cartos and nic levels are key.
Here i am over a year later and i vape cinnamon roll, coffee, and butterscotch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread