Antioch, CA
20140905_063105.jpg
which one is best in my itaste svd?

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
IMO exactly in that order from top to bottom. People say the NCR18650B is not a high drain battery and not to use it in a regulated mod, but it's perfect for the the svd, zmaxs, evic IMO. It has a 6.8amp limit and the SVD has a 5amp limit so you won't be stressing the battery even at its limits. I would def go with that because of the higher 3400mAh over the 2900mAh of the PF or 2600mAh with the VTC.

The NCR18650PF and the Sony VTC are both great batteries that would work great in the SVD, but I would rather the higher mAhs since the SVD wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the full capabilities of the other cells anyways.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

msgnyc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
United States
Real AW IMRs are great batteries. I use AWs 18350/500s in my ZMAX when I want it smaller footprint as well. If were talking 18350/500 batteries you can't get better then the AWs. I will also use the purple eFest 350/500s. Very good batteries just not as good as the AWs, but far less chance of receiving fakes. People love selling fake AWs online so if your buying AWs be sure to buy from reliable venders. ;-)

Its a bit disappointing really. With all the advancements with the 18650s out there, I really wish they'd improve on the 18350/500 cells as well. I absolutely love the size of my mods in 350 mode.

Last edited:

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
IMO exactly in that order from top to bottom. People say the NCR18650B is not a high drain battery and not to use it in a regulated mod, but it's perfect for the the svd, zmaxs, evic IMO. It has a 6.8amp limit and the SVD has a 5amp limit so you won't be stressing the battery even at its limits. I would def go with that because of the higher 3400mAh over the 2900mAh of the PF or 2600mAh with the VTC.

The NCR18650PF and the Sony VTC are both great batteries that would work great in the SVD, but I would rather the higher mAhs since the SVD wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the full capabilities of the other cells anyways.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
The NCR18650B may have a 3400 mAh rating, however, its discharge curve is based on discharging to 2.5v. The NCR18650B puts out almost half of its 3400mAh under 3.4v. The SVD will cut off at its low voltage setting at 3.2v.

The extra mAh of the 18650B will not be realized.

The Sony battery has a discharge curve that provides more capacity in the voltage that the SVD will use.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Real AW IMRs are great batteries. I use AWs 18350/500s in my ZMAX when I want it smaller footprint as well. If were talking 18350/500 batteries you can't get better then the AWs. I will also use the purple eFest 350/500s. Very good batteries just not as good as the AWs, but far less chance of receiving fakes. People love selling fake AWs online so if your buying AWs be sure to buy from reliable venders. ;-)

Its a bit disappointing really. With all the advancements with the 18650s out there, I really wish they'd improve on the 18350/500 cells as well. I absolutely love the size of my mods in 350 mode.

I got my aw imr red batteries from RTD :)
So far, I am LOVING the SVD too... however, I'm wondering maybe it's batteries that are making my vape so much better? I have the batteries because I bought a mechanical mod a while back (just didn't end up liking the whole mech mod thing at all) and never got much use of the batteries themselves. Until now I've used spinners, tried the smoktech SID (bleh) and then settled with itastes vv v3's and my mvp 2 for the most part. I use ibtanked tanks with my slotted boges almost exclusively and with the SVD even my carto tanks seem to be improved and my vape is just better! So now I wanna know-is it just because I'm using much better batteries or did the mod make that difference? And if in fact it is the mod for the most part how does the zmax compare, I wonder?

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Question. What about this battery for my SVD?

AW Protected 18650 3400 mAh - RTD vapor

Whats the difference in AW IMR and AW Protected?
AW IMR's are a high drain, safe chemistry battery. This is the class of battery which should be used in both regulated and mechanical mods. Newer IMR/hybrid batteries are the next upper level of IMR batteries.

Protected ICR batteries are considered to be obsolete for mod use. These are low drain, not-so-safe chemistry batteries best reserved for things like flashlights.

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or ICR?

Rechargeable Batteries

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
View attachment 371371
which one is best in my itaste svd?
I would say the Panasonic PF is the best for a regulated mod. It has the best combination of adequate amps (10 amps continuous) and mah capacity (2900 mah) best suited for the application of a regulated mod.

The Sony would be next in line, but the 30 amps continuous is over-kill in a regulated mod, and the Panasonic PF has a couple hundred more mAh for longer time in use.

The Panasonic NCR18650B and Panasonic NCR18650A batteries are not a high drain battery. Their hybrid chemistry is more heavily weighted to be more ICR than IMR, so their performance in a mod will be lacking. Their 6.8 amps continuous discharge rate is not adequate for the pulse width modulation circuitry that regulated mods use for higher voltage production. These batteries were designed for low drain applications like flashlight use.

Why High Drain Batteries?

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.