Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Ok, I have a few questions. My brother wants a provari. Should he get the mini or regular? I noticed they are both the same price.

Also, is it cheaper to get batteries from somewhere else like orbtronic. Should he get the extension for the bigger battery? Anything else he needs? I already have him a vivi nova

Lastly, does Anyone know a coupon code

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I suppose the question about the mini or regular would depend on how much the end user would want the battery to last between charges. The bigger version can take a 18650 with an extension or 18500 without. The mini takes the 18350 without an extension or the 18500 with.

I get my batteries from Super T myself, but there are plenty of good vendors carrying good batteries. I'd definitely recommend getting the extension. That way, if you decide to use a larger battery later, you have it on hand instead of running the risk of your version being out of stock or discontinued. It's better to have and not need than to need and not have. :)

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I suppose the question about the mini or regular would depend on how much the end user would want the battery to last between charges. The bigger version can take a 18650 with an extension or 18500 without. The mini takes the 18350 without an extension or the 18500 with.

I get my batteries from Super T myself, but there are plenty of good vendors carrying good batteries. I'd definitely recommend getting the extension. That way, if you decide to use a larger battery later, you have it on hand instead of running the risk of your version being out of stock or discontinued. It's better to have and not need than to need and not have. :)

Thanks.

He's not even going to use it much, and I'm sure I will end up with it. But I won't use it much either, which is why I don't have one. I actually like me 78mm 808 batteries for work. there is no way I could take that to work since I am outside all day. I don't want to have to buy new clearos for 510. Right now,I have a vivi nova which I use on my 1300mah battery with an adapter. I gave my brother the other one.

My feeling is to get the bigger one, with an extension since it is the same price as the mini. (which makes no sense)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

stern

Jun 26, 2012
USA
I ordered the full sized V2 with 2 standard batteries (not the larger, higher capacity ones).

I am a guy, so I don't mind things in my pocket. I find the size is cool, I actually really like the weight of it...very solid piece of equipment.

It was a little weird getting used to, and probably looks a little weirder to non-vapers. But it works for me!

Also, I have found that the battery lasts me all day. But I don't vape too much. During the day, I maybe take 2-5 puffs an hour. Sometimes I go a couple hours without it. Although, my goal is to wean down off nicotine, so I find that I am not using it like a cigarette. Funny thing is, I am so far finding weaning down to be not very difficult.

For some reason, I found doing so with smoking hard...but vaping is different... I think because it is so new to me, that my mind doesn't feel like it is "missing out" by consuming less than normal. After all, I have been using it for less than two weeks, so what is normal? ;)

BTW, I found the switch from regular smokes to be easy thus far. I always felt a little bad everytime I lit up, and it is nice to know that each puff is not slowly killing me :) .

In case you were still choosing between finishes, I ordered the Satin Black and am very happy with it. The finish makes for a good, non-slippery grip, and looks quite smart with the black 510 cartomizers and stainless steel drip tip.

I ordered the blue LED, but they accidentally sent me the red LED. I actually like the red LED more now that I have seen it (maybe I convinced myself of this? lol).

But, I had a GREAT experience with Provari as a consumer. I sent a nice e-mail letting them them know of their mistake, and they sent me a free second battery and steel drip tip along with a nice "sorry."

I am sure they would have replaced it if I wanted the blue LED....but I wanted to switch from smoking more than I wanted a different color LED!!!! So I kept it, and I'm glad I did!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I ordered the full size Provari in satin stainless. There's no paint to chip off and it's a little less expensive. Stainless is a hard alloy and it takes a very hard lick to scratch it. I carry mine in a pocket. You can turn the switch off in the diagnostic mode so that it doesn't actuate in your pocket. I leave mine one and haven't had a problem with pants pocket actuation. The button has to bottom out to vape by design. If you partially press it, nothing happens until you hit bottom.

The extension cap is worth it to me. It allows you to use 18650 batteries and only adds about 5/8" to the length. I use SS cartos and black cartos and both look nice with a SS Provari (or any other color).

stern

Jun 26, 2012
USA
Just to add to what DaveP said, the extra 5/8" that an extension would add would be no problem for me in terms of size.

When I got my Provari, it looked so big. Now that I am used to it, however, it doesn't seem large or unwieldy. I am sure I would not even notice the difference with an extension cap.

After my two 18490 1100 mAh batteries run their course, I will probably order the larger capacity battery and extension cap as a replacement. The extra capacity more than makes up for the marginal size difference, in my opinion. I would imagine that this would be especially true on the mini.

But good luck with your shopping! This is actually the first e-cig that I have tried, and I was more than satisfied. I even prefer this to smoking, and would not switch back to 'analogs' even if they were healthy.

I wanted to be done with smoking forever, so the $200 price tag was low in terms of opportunity cost. I was worried that with an inferior device (not to say that others are inferior, I do not know) I would not have been able to make the switch so completely. The last smoke I had was waiting for the maillady to drop off my PV! Didn't even finish my pack..... I used the tobacco for other purposes.....:censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread