Which RDA based on some preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I received my Reo grand from Rob last Friday. I wanted to add an RM2 to the order, but it seemed as though he was too busy to bother responding to the request. Oh well, may be that was for the best.
I picked up a smok Dripper, modded it for BFing, but quickly realized that I wanted something that I could install a drip tip on. Picked up a SCAR and modded it as well. I like the ScAr so far! but I think it is better suited for dual coil only and I want a single coil set up sometimes.
I was previously using KF set ups, and I really like the airflow design. I am now kind of thinking the side hole RDAs will not suit me. I also like a tight draw.
This stated, which would you guys recommend for my next rda?

A7 mini
RM2
ERA
something else?

i use braided ceramic as wicks, with 28ga micro coils, in case this is relevant. Thank you!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
The A7 Mini has (had???) problems with a wobbly center post that can and does cause shorts very easily --- but it's cheap. The ERA is pretty good, but I personally prefer a screw on cap, and posts that are farther apart, thus (to me) easier to coil. It costs almost twice as much as the RM2. The RM2 is the best BF RBA for the money that I've found. The vape is comparable to the Chalice but at a fourth of the price, the ceramic deck is a really good feature, and the posts are spaced far enough apart for ease of mounting a coil. I haven't tried the Cyclone, but a lot of people really like it.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The RM2 has a bit of restriction in the draw just a little more restricted than a Kayfun with the air wide open
it has better flavour than a KFL+ in my opinion
hope that helps

Would anyone with RM2 experience give me an idea of the draw? For example, I prefer the original AGA-T over the AGA-T2. I think the original had a 1mm air hole. Would it also rival the kayfun in terms of smoothness?

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The A7 Mini has (had???) problems with a wobbly center post that can and does cause shorts very easily --- but it's cheap. The ERA is pretty good, but I personally prefer a screw on cap, and posts that are farther apart, thus (to me) easier to coil. It costs almost twice as much as the RM2. The RM2 is the best BF RBA for the money that I've found. The vape is comparable to the Chalice but at a fourth of the price, the ceramic deck is a really good feature, and the posts are spaced far enough apart for ease of mounting a coil. I haven't tried the Cyclone, but a lot of people really like it.

I thought that was the A7 standard. I have not read that about the mini. Though recent reports state that the center pin is not as wobbly. Being pretty handy myself, I would find a way to correct that before using, if I found it to be unusable.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
The RM2 has a bit of restriction in the draw just a little more restricted than a Kayfun with the air wide open
it has better flavour than a KFL+ in my opinion
hope that helps

Certainly helps. I do not like the open airflow on the KFL+, I prefer about half closed. Hmm, makes me think the RM2 may be okay.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I thought that was the A7 standard. I have not read that about the mini. Though recent reports state that the center pin is not as wobbly. Being pretty handy myself, I would find a way to correct that before using, if I found it to be unusable.

Could be just the standard A7 with the problem. It's been awhile. The one and only time I used anA7 mini it shorted on me, so I threw it away. It was "free" to me through a trade and just didn't want to mess with it. I fixed a couple of a7s with a piece of a silicone, but I still didn't like them. They gurgled.

Amish3006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Wow! I am definitely the opposite. I think the stock hole for the T2 is 1.2mm, but that was enough from the originals 1mm that I did not like it as much.

I'm not sure what stock actually was.

I don't think it was the restriction that bothered me much.

It was more the burned juice that was a turn off.

I could start out with a super light juice in the morning and it would look like a banana nut bread in the afternoon.

c3 rolling

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Canyon Country, CA
Take my vote with a grain of salt, but the RM2 has been good in both single coil and dual coil to me. I don't have a 100$ to spend on a cyclone or it's equivalent. But, I don't think I need it.

You can get the regular bottom feed Cyclone for less than 60 bucks shipped if you shop around. They have the smallest chamber I have ever seen which results in amazing flavor. I drilled out the 1mm air hole to about 1.5 mm. The only con is that the deck is really small to work with.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Could be just the standard A7 with the problem. It's been awhile. The one and only time I used anA7 mini it shorted on me, so I threw it away. It was "free" to me through a trade and just didn't want to mess with it. I fixed a couple of a7s with a piece of a silicone, but I still didn't like them. They gurgled.

The a7 mini had issues too. I can walk you thru a fix on it making it side hole but IMO its not worth it. Get a Rm2 and be set the only thing I've had to do to mine is drill out the air hole. Like ive said elsewhere my chalice sits in a box and all I use are my rm2's.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC

Thank you for the description. I am not looking for gurgled draws at all. That's good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread