Which regulated mod to get for Kayfun Lite plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcutler123

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
United States
I have a itaste vv and use a nautilus mini on it around 8.5 to 9 and I love it. I recently got a Kayfun lite plus and plan to make coils between 1.2 and 1.8. I was planning on getting a regulated mod and was going to get the mvp2 but that only goes the 11 watts like the vv. Should I get something that has higher wattage for the Kayfun lite or will 11 watts on the mvp2 be fine? I was looking at the dna 30 type mods. Not sure what to do. thanks

granolaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Skidegate, BC, Canada
granolaboy.net
first off, slayer rules.

second, how much money do you want to spend? The provari guys will swear it's made for the kayfun (who am I to argue).

I don't build my kayfun less than 1.5Ω, it just burns wicks...15W should be lots, and the provari definitely rules the school for regulated mods in that power range.

I'd get something innokin (itaste/mvp/vtr) if you can't afford the provari.

Last edited:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I would agree on the Provari as you WILL notice the difference over about anything else. That being said, I've found that for higher gauge wire (30-32 gauge) at 1.5-1.8 ohms 12 watts is optimal. That's being said the MVP is 1/5th the price and would be my next choice. Between the two maybe a CNA 30 watt device.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
MVP 2 will fire as low as .8 ohm, I have one and a kayfun lite + and the kayfun is built at 1.4 ohm. works fine. If you think your ready for the dna 30 and are building already go for the dna and skip a step. I love my MVP 2 for battery life and durability, but the 30 watts, even if you don't use it at that is tempting.

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
The provari are out of my price range for right now. I am looking at up to $70. The mvp is what I was going to get but it only goes to 11 watts and I had a feeling the kayfun lite would be better a little bit higher wattage. Are there any decent dna 30 clones around that price range?
Get verified & stalk the classifieds here. I've seen a nice provari with batteries & charger go for $80. It's a rare event, but it happens.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I am actually waiting now to get verified. I have been wanting to browse that section.

Good luck. With the ProVari 3 coming, soon . . . Good deals on used ones may be available. Me, I'm keeping mine. They are bullet proof and should serve me for quite some time to come.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I would look also at the sigelei (mini, v3 or v5) which are certainly in your price range and one hell of a mod. Robust, stainless steel and 15w although some pros are able to push them up to 24w in staked setups.
I have a zMax mini stainless steel and it never missed a beat... Can't remember how many times I dropped it. If I were to buy one now, I would get the v5. They are tanks and worth more than they cost.

My two cents

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

Personally, I cannot stand the Provari. They are built super nice but the one button system was taxing on my patience. I love my KFL+ on my Vaporshark DNA. Little bit top heavy, but nice and pocket-able (?). If you build it around 1.3 Ohms, the 30 watt output is more than enough and the smaller battery will last all day (at least for me).

Just my 2 cents. You really can't go wrong with a Provari, but the menu system kills me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread