Which RTA should I get as my first one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
I'm leaning toward a kayfun/Russian 1:1 clone, but I'm curious to hear what my fellow ECFers have to say on the matter. I have looked at some Genesis style rta's but they seem a bit too difficult for a first rta.

All suggestions are welcome, but please note that price is an issue, I have about $40 to spend. Maaayyybe $50. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Have a wonderful day, guys.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I got a used EhPro clone of a Kayfun Lite Plus, and I've been loving it. It's only been in my possession for a week, but...

The build is easy, getting the wicking right isn't hard (especially with larger diameter coils), it hits and tastes wonderfully.

I'd love a more open draw, but I can still take lungs hits. It's my only RTA, but I'm very glad I have it. So... You can't go wrong with a Kayfun!

krobeson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Orange, VA
I've decided on the fogger v4.1. Sounds like the best bang for my buck. Plus I like that it seems to have a bit airier draw than the Kayfun. I don't want something that's gonna be hard to lung hit.

Just an FYI...the fogger v4.1 is very hard to build if your new to building. The Lemo is definitely an easier build. Also check out pbusardo's review he did recently on the LEMO.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Eciggity sells ehpro kayfun clones (light plus v2) with the holes drilled out, that will likely be my next rta.
Fogger v4 is dual coil, and most agree it's not for beginners.
I started on protank heads (single coil) a real PITA, but I learned how to wind a coil and work in tight spaces. My first rebuildable was a trident v1dripper (drippers are MUCH easier to start with IMO because you have a larger build area and you can test and fix your coil without draining the tank and such). From there I got the kayfun light plus v1 clone. I think mine is a tobeco, but not sure.
Hth

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
I got an ehpro kayfun lite plus V2 off ebay for $33 shipped and paired with my Provari I have yet to even touch my brand new Nautilus with BVC coils, worth every penny!

Bvc is good. Put a tank of juice through it then cleaned it and put it back in the box :)
It was getting rave reviews, so I wanted to try it. It was on par with kayfun IMO, but I enjoy rebuilding and my drippers too much for it to join the rotation. It will probably go on an ego and be a gift to a smoking loved one :)

windxrunner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Portland, OR
I'm eyeballing a Squape for my first RTA. I like that you can remove the tank to access the build deck without dumping the liquid.

that is pretty convenient. I think the Kayfuns are like that, no? I might have to pick one of those up later after I get some fun out of the Fogger.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
that is pretty convenient. I think the Kayfuns are like that, no? I might have to pick one of those up later after I get some fun out of the Fogger.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the variety of RTA's on the market, but that's the first non Genesis-style I've heard of with that feature (I'd be surprised if there weren't others though). Both the Fogger and Kayfun will need drained. I had to do that a few times yesterday, but the vape was better for it!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I'm eyeballing a Squape for my first RTA. I like that you can remove the tank to access the build deck without dumping the liquid.

Same here but I'm going to start with the Squape Reloaded clone before I drop $170 on an authentic. I want to make sure it's a Kayfun killer first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread