Which tank would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
My current setup is an iPV6x with an Aspire Cleito tank running at 60W and the airflow, flavor, and clouds are great. The 0.15 coil that came with the tank actually lasted me over 3 weeks so I am pretty satisfied with this tank so far. Unfortunately, I cannot find any RTAs for the Cleito in the market at all and I don't want to keep buying coils every three weeks, and I was already thinking about buying an extra tank because I like vaping two or three different flavors per day.

Which tank would you guys recommend? Possibly one that comes with a rebuildable coil in the box like my old Kangertech Mini tank did.

What I am seeing in the market right now is a hell of a lot of Cleitos, Serpent Mini 25s, Uwell Crown tanks, and TFV4 mini tanks. Any recommendations? I only know how to wick a coil but I want a rebuildable one in order to start learning how to build my own coils. By the way, what is the difference between RDA, RBA, and RTA? I keep seeing those three names all over.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thank you! That explains it.

I believe I will be looking for a tank with a RTA or a RBA as I don't want to carry around a liquid with me and keep dripping every time the coil is dry. As another thread here stated, RTAs are probably the most convenient yet the most complicated because they can prove to be problematic with time, especially for a novice like me, but I guess I'm willing to take the risk in order to learn.

Actually, a good RTA is way easier to build than a fiddly little RBA for a tank meant to use factory coils. The deck of a "dedicated" RTA is way bigger to build and place your coil on, and generally way easier to wick.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you're heavily vaping and getting a burnt taste after a few hours, it might your wicking is simply not keeping up with the amount of juice you're going through. Almost all Most problems usually do come down to wicking, and not so much the material as the way you put it in. Sometimes you can have issues with a cotton wick where if it's too tight in the coil, it will not wick fast enough, especially if chain vaping. It should certainly fill the ID of the coil, but still be able to slide back and forth with light effort when pulled.

Try placing a fresh wick in, check how it feels in the coil, then vape it and see if the problem is resolved or not. It can take some time to figure out how much wick to insert, which is why I always say wrapping a coil is simple, wicking it properly is an art.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Yeah that's the type of wick we use here as well because the Bacon one is hard to find and quite expensive. I will either have him do it for me or I will just try my hand at it tonight. Do you think I should try the dual coil or stick to the single coil deck for now?

EDIT: I met with my friend today and he built the dual-coil setup for me and it has been terrific so far. I noticed that the MM liquid I was using is actually really weak in terms of flavor because we tried re-wicking the single coil twice with no success. I also tried that liquid in my Cleito tank, same result.

I am now using another liquid with the dual-coil build and I couldn't be happier. I just hope this strong flavor and cloud output stay for a while.

Do you think using a Clapton coil can make any difference? I'm using the pre-built Kanthal coil heads at the moment with little to no issues. I did experience some spit back in the beginning but it's all good now.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A Clapton is more mass, more juice on the coil, and more vapor. It also takes longer to ramp up, and retains heat longer, which, IME, can lead to a hot vape if chain vaping, although changing over to TC with SS Claptons resolved that issue for me. My suggestion? Get used to your tank, become proficient in wicking your coils and give yourself some feeling of experience with how your tanks vapes. then if you start to play with different types of coils, you'll have a better feel for what that coil does and whether or not you like it.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I noticed that after about 2 hours of vaping and constantly refilling, the wick started tasting like it was burnt. I then dropped some liquid on the wicks and started heating the coil and after a little while, it started to taste better, but it's been a back and forth process for me. What do you guys recommend I should do? I'm using 100% organic Japanese cotton because I have yet to find a Bacon wick in the market.

Should I try the dual coil build? And can someone please tell me what watts I should be vaping at when using the single or dual coil build?

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It depends on the build. 30W is plenty to scorch a dry(ish) wick. It's not so much overdoing it by the power you set, but looking at whether the wick you used could handle the volume of juice you vaped. If you go through 5 or 10 ml of juice in 2 hours and it's not a big juice consuming setup like a big dual fused Clapton with big juice holes on a known "guzzler", you are asking your wick to be very "efficient".

I have a Limitless+, a large RDTA (coils on top pulling up through wicking with the juice at the bottom. Big chamber to fill, and I have dual Claptons in there at ~0.25 ohm. That thing sucks up juice like no tomorrow. I can almost watch the juice level drop with one puff. It holds 6 ml which I can burn through in no time if I don't pay attention to my chain vaping. But it's design supports that kind of vaping an juice consumption. It's also not a tank I can use all day, and my regular tanks are quite a bit calmer. The Serpent is not a big juice hog. Vaping it as one will simply put more demand on the quality of your wicking. Just to clarify so I'm not totally off base, this is the full size Serpent, right? That holds ~4 ml. Not the mini that only holds 2 ml (at best).

Reactions: Cheallaigh

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Yes, this is the full size Serpent 25. I am still learning how to wick but yesterday I had my friend, who has been doing this for a very long time, do it for me. I'm hesitant to re-wick it as I don't want to fail and waste the small amount of wick that I received, however I do have the Aspire so I can always use it in the meantime.

I am using the single coil build at 0.40ohms and I am vaping a liquid which is 70/30 VG/PG. The tank doesn't drink too much liquid at all, especially at 30W or lower, however the burning taste comes and goes which is very odd.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
That tank does hold ~4 ml, so if you keep emptying and refilling it over a 2 hour period, that's ~4 ml an hour? That's a pretty good amount of juice to vape on that tank with a single coil. Maybe you can contact your friend to see if they can come back and rewick. It's also a good idea when using RTAs to keep a decent supply on hand. I use Japanese organic cotton pads (made for makeup) which are very inexpensive and work quite well for me.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
I don't want to order that kit because the shipping will cost almost as much as the kit itself so it really isn't worth it, especially considering the recent devaluation of our national currency, which is why I am mostly sticking to the products that are already available in the market. I am in love with the Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank after reading and watching reviews about it, but I don't think it's available locally, and even if it is, it'll probably be really expensive. It seems like one of the best options out there, though.

After looking at the acronyms doc, I still don't understand the difference between a rebuildable atomizer and a rebuildable dripper atomizer.

TarekElsakka

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2016
Thank you! That explains it.

I believe I will be looking for a tank with a RTA or a RBA as I don't want to carry around a liquid with me and keep dripping every time the coil is dry. As another thread here stated, RTAs are probably the most convenient yet the most complicated because they can prove to be problematic with time, especially for a novice like me, but I guess I'm willing to take the risk in order to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread