New tank recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
idaho
I have been using the Aspire Nautilus line for quite a few years. My current model is the Nautilus 2S with .4ohm coils. I always vaped tastyvapor
70/30 PG/VG juice. Since TV has closed down I have started buying other juices which have all been high VG liquid. I have noticed the coils are not lasting nearly as long with the high VG. I tried the Cleito tank, but found out they have a vapor lock issue and muted flavor from the juice after purchasing it. I don’t care much about the size of clouds. I want a tank coil combo that will work with the VG and get the best flavor possible. I am not interested in rebuilding or wrapping my own coils. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Cleito tank, but found out they have a vapor lock issue

I wish I could understand what vapor lock is. I've searched for it in the past with no clear explanation. :(

As was suggested, many MTL vapers these days are in love with the Zenith tank. I think that may be your best bet.

However, high VG will likely kill any coil head faster so you might want to address that problem no matter what tank you end up choosing. So since you don't require high VG then look for other brands that aren't high PG (close to the VG/PG ratio of your old brand). You may want to start another new thread in the eliquid section asking for 70PG eliquid recommendations (or close to it anyhow).

That said, in the mean time it may be possible for you to add a drop or 2 of distilled water to your bottle of high VG ejuice to see if you can thin it out a bit without dulling the flavor.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks for the replies. I will give the Zenith a try. It looks like the coils aren’t crazy expensive either.

I used the Zenith for a long time with 70VG/30PG and the coils where excellent:thumb:
    Innokin say up to 80VG is not an issue with these coils.
    Good Luck:)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Innokin Zenith or Zlide (no, I have not tried them (but using Z coils in my Kroma-Z) I like the 0.8 ohm coils (loose MTL) but many others like the 1.6ohm coils for MTL (I would suggest trying both) So many posts here on about those tanks... I am sure you will like them. Direct Vapor has good prices on the coils (and $39 get's you free shipping):
    Innokin Zenith Coils Replacement 5-Pack | DirectVapor

Reactions: alamor

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @alamor - I'm another Zenith tank lover. They're actually my all-time favorite drop-in coil tank. Before you buy 1 anywhere else for a much higher price...please PM me, and I'll provide a link to where you can get the 4mL, full-size ones for less than $9.00 + S/H. They come with a 0.5ohm coil installed in the tank already, but also have a 1.6ohm coil in the box, too, along with another drip tip, o-rings, etc. It's from a US vendor, too!

About the Z-coils for the Zeniths and Zlides - The absolute best price for them from a US vendor is KangerWholesale.com. They're $6.10/box of 5 and you can get free S/H for a $75 or more order. That $6.10/box is about $2-5 less than from the other vendors who have them. If you don't meet the $75 threshold, the S/H at KangerWholesale isn't cheap @ $9.99, but...if/when you order even 3-4 boxes, and split that by 3 or 4...they're still cheaper from them.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I would like to try the Zenith tank too but alot of vendors are out of stock.

MVS has them both 22mm and 24mm versions & the zenith pro
    Innokin Zenith D22 MTL Tank by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

Innokin Zenith MTL Tank by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

Innokin Zenith Pro MTL Tank by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

Elementvape has the zenith Pro, Blue only

Innokin Zenith Pro MTL Tank

Mt baker has the Zenith Pro and the 22mm Zlide (coupon VAPORFROMBAKER might get you 10% off - no guarantees)

Innokin Zenith Pro Tank for Innokin Zenith (Z) Coils

Innokin Zlide Tank With 4mL Juice Capacity & 510 Drip tip

Reactions: Nevada
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread