Which Vivi Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenova

Feb 19, 2012
UK
Just ordered an AGA-T2 as I want to get into rebuildable and away from DCTs. I'm worried that the AGA might not be suitable for work (it's still in the post so haven't tried yet) so I'm thinking about getting a Vivi Nova for knocking about at work (I'm a courier).

I see several different versions of Vivi Nova, what is the general consensus of the current best version (with biggest tank possible as I'm coming from 6ml DCTs) I think 3.5ml is the biggest or is there bigger? I'm guessing that the STV kit is the best thing to go for but just wanted to check I haven't overlooked something.

One last question. I've also ordered a VAMO as I feel it's time to retire the original Lavatube I've been using the last year. Will I need the Vision Plinth for the VAMO or will the Nova fit nicley on it without the plinth?

Why do I want to get away from DCTs? I love them when they work but getting a good carto is hit and miss. Some are great and last for ages whilst some are poor from the outset and end up being swapped out pretty quickly so I want something more cost effective.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Just ordered an AGA-T2 as I want to get into rebuildable and away from DCTs. I'm worried that the AGA might not be suitable for work (it's still in the post so haven't tried yet) so I'm thinking about getting a Vivi Nova for knocking about at work (I'm a courier).

I see several different versions of Vivi Nova, what is the general consensus of the current best version (with biggest tank possible as I'm coming from 6ml DCTs) I think 3.5ml is the biggest or is there bigger? I'm guessing that the STV kit is the best thing to go for but just wanted to check I haven't overlooked something.

One last question. I've also ordered a VAMO as I feel it's time to retire the original Lavatube I've been using the last year. Will I need the Vision Plinth for the VAMO or will the Nova fit nicley on it without the plinth?

Why do I want to get away from DCTs? I love them when they work but getting a good carto is hit and miss. Some are great and last for ages whilst some are poor from the outset and end up being swapped out pretty quickly so I want something more cost effective.

The Vision vivi novas sit fine on the Vamo. I use that combo everyday. You don't need a plinth. My vivi novas are 3.5ml. I don't think they have a larger size than that, unless something new has come out. I use the v2s with metal tubes. The STV novas by Vision are also 3.5ml.

Here's a pic so you can see what I'm talking about:

2012-12-29173659sm.jpg

Dickyg

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2012
Uk
There's nothing else different apart from the sleeve. Clear plastic versus metal with window. I got an stv when they came out and after two weeks it was leaking juice through the bottom thread of the sleeve, which hasn't occurred with my plastic sleeves. Therefore I just ordered a replacement plastic sleeve for the stv. I won't be ordering an stv again due to this, although I am aware it's probably a one off. Pay your money and take your chance! :)

bluenova

Feb 19, 2012
UK
Long wicks are just a preference. Some swear by long wicks saying they wick better, others cut their wicks short, others by half. I think they all come with long wicks now, at least all my recent purchases for replaceable heads have. Who's STV's are you looking at? Can you provide a link?

I can. Wasn't sure if vendor links were aloowed here.

These are the ones I'm looking at:

VISION Vivi Nova STV Kit
Vision Vivi Nova Tank Kit Version 2.5 Long Wick

hmm, ok now I look again I think they are selling the short wick heads for the mini nova as apart from the STV and an All Black one the only full clear tanks come with long wicks.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I think I'll go with the normal 2.5 (not STV) as I've read others having leaking issues with the STV.

RE wick length, it seems the jury is out :D. I think I'll get the kit with the long wicks and get some shorter wick heads in the future to try.

Sorry I was away from this thread. I prefer long wicks myself. With shorter wicks you have to keep tilting once the juice is below them. With the longer ones I only tilt and roll when the tank is nearly empty.

bluenova

Feb 19, 2012
UK
It say out of stock though.

It does, lol. Subscribed, I'm not in a hurry as I have my DCTs still for work and my AGA-T2 in the post to play with at home. It's the cheapest I've found in the UK with free postage over £10 so I'm happy to wait a little bit. Plus they give a 35% discount on heads when purchasing the tank.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
OK. I had a look around - the official Vision distributors in the UK are out of stock it seems. I also saw some v2.5 vivi novas advertised on other uk sites that were version 1 (avoid those).
This site also has the real deal, out of stock on the kit you saw, but have it with a metal tube on sale:
Vision FULL METAL JACKET Vivi Nova tank kit V2.5

Just FYI - and you may want to keep an eye on their Vision stuff there too.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I found it in stock here:
Vision Vivi Nova V2.5 Long Wick £9.95 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

but it works out more expensive with postage and spare heads, so I'm happy to wait a bit.

I saw that one. Those heads look different to any I have - and I've bought the genuine ones from three different vendors.
I'd stick with the vendors on this list, they are official Vision distributors in the UK.:
News Details - Vision High Technology

You'll see UK ecigstore is on the list.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Avoid the version 1's, they have a hole in the bottom cap rather than in the 510 connection.
I cut my wicks to medium length just because its less sloppy when I'm cleaning the head/tank. :p
I also like to pull 1 or 2 of the wicks out of the coil because it allows the juice to get into the wick hole easier.
(when I turn it upside down and shake or suck)

I use the metal tubes and the plastic tubes and I like both. The metal just looks nicer to me. Good luck!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Avoid the version 1's, they have a hole in the bottom cap rather than in the 510 connection.
I cut my wicks to medium length just because its less sloppy when I'm cleaning the head/tank. :p
I also like to pull 1 or 2 of the wicks out of the coil because it allows the juice to get into the wick hole easier.
(when I turn it upside down and shake or suck)

I use the metal tubes and the plastic tubes and I like both. The metal just looks nicer to me. Good luck!

I've always left my wicks as they came - always worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread