Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
temco, kidneypuncher, vandy vape?
which wire is better in your openion for nichrome ni80 26?
I haven't used kidney puncher but I do like temco a lot and I like Vandy Vape I don't think there's much difference. I would go with whichever one's cheaper or has the variety that you want. I can say that I do have a preference for temco because of their customer service and their quick delivery and their free shipping and their quality is up there the wire is clean it is as described and it's usually less expensive.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

The truth is that to be considered Ni80 the material must be 80% Nickel and 20% Chromium period. In other words, unless someone is selling something that really isn't Ni80 and claiming it is, then they should all be identical.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
re: previous post in New members forum:
alien wire mtl?
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in :wick and wire discussion and chat:
Wick and Wire
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.
(the "New Member forum" is used basically as a polite way of saying hello to all ECF members)

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
In an ideal world, it would be 80% Nickel and 20% Chromium, and, round wire would be perfectly round across the entire length with no impurities, no irregularities or kinks, and the wire would come off the spool without any loops and without spontaneously wanting to turn itself into a bird's nest.

In the real world, I vastly prefer wireworks.eu (or twistedmesses.com, for example) over something like, say, Crazy Wire. Because, the latter really does drive more than a few coil builders utterly insane. Premium quality Ni80 wire is smelted by the same Swedish company, Sandvik, that also owns the official brand name called "Kanthal" so, even though it is true the fact there exist multiple brands that use this exact same premium quality Ni80 wire, the size and shape of the spools, and the spooling techniques used to fill them with the wire, all also make a tangible difference in coil building life─despite everyone has to decide for theirself whether this difference is worth going for. For me, it most certainly is.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread