Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like SS for its diversity. You can build and use it for both power and temp control modes. It's easy to work with, decent ramp up depending on coil build, easy to clean, and easy to work with. I haven't touched Kanthal in years and never felt the need to play with Nichrome. What and how are you planning on using the coils? And regulated or mech mod?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I know nichrome has been around a long time in vaping and think alot of the old carts or dripping attys use to use nichrome but never tried it. On my next wire order am going to try it, just to see cause I love a fast coil. I always have used kanthal and love it. I tried SS a few times and to me, it's a bit more mellow or something, like it doesn't have the kick kanthal has or its too smooth, guess I'm just to use to it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I know nichrome has been around a long time in vaping and think alot of the old carts or dripping attys use to use nichrome but never tried it. On my next wire order am going to try it, just to see cause I love a fast coil. I always have used kanthal and love it. I tried SS a few times and to me, it's a bit more mellow or something, like it doesn't have the kick kanthal has or its too smooth, guess I'm just to use to it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Can come close with 2-batt v/v wismec 25's. But when stuff gets warmer as you task it, not the same thing. Kanthal in a paired set of mech's for chaining is perfect. Beautiful thing to see, all the way down. All's I can say.

Good luck, enjoy. :)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have 22ga nichrome 80 when I want mass and fast ramp up without being too low resistance. I have 28,26 & 24 ga in SS and in kanthal because I like both. I only run single coil attys and some work better for me with SS. I generally use mechanical or mosfet squonkers...those usually have SS coils for the quick ramp up. If I use a tank, it'll be on a regulated mod and it'll likely be built with 26ga kanthal .... sometimes 24ga kanthal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread