Which wires need temperature control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluttereddesk

Aug 1, 2017
UK
I've been a long time user of kanthal in all sorts of builds for years and haven't really messed around with other wire until recently. So far Ive used SS and ni80. For the sake of curiosity more than anything I'm looking at trying more.

I can't find much info regarding which wire types actually require temperature control other than ni200 and titanium. Can anyone shed any light on this as I'm eager to pull the trigger on a whole bunch of stuff to try.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

However, I find I am using A LOT of SS316L just because it's versatile and readily available.

I'm with Shawn on this.

Being able to run a RTA or rda in either Power Mode or in TC Mode with the Same Wire and the Same Build is a Huge Plus to me.

I can just Grab a Atomizer and Grab a mod and run it however I want.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I can't find much info regarding which wire types actually require temperature control other than ni200 and titanium.
Those are it. Ni, Ti, temp-control only; Kanthal, Nichrome, Wattage mode only; SS can go either way. I'm not aware of any other wire types that are used for vaping. Was there one in specific you were curious about?

cluttereddesk

Aug 1, 2017
UK
Thanks for all the replys :) I have tried ni80 and ss316l both in power mode as I'd both were fine. I've found both for me anyway have a much nicer vape than kanthal. I was initially looking at ni200 but from what I've read it's really low in resistance and I don't really vape below .2 on a regular basis. I've seen ni90 and a whole bunch of different grade SS that I'm eager to try just to see what they vape like more than anything. Titanium is on my list to try as well. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread