A Few Questions About Ni200 and Ti Wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell_storm2004

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2013
Richardson, Texas, USA
Just want to shoehorn a question in here, coz its mostly out of curiosity, so dont want to start a new thread.

What is the hardest rta/rda that you ever did a build on? Like hard to reach screws, little room etc. Or if there is such a thing these days, coz i would assume, by now the companies have pretty much nailed the RTA/rda stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Just want to shoehorn a question in here, coz its mostly out of curiosity, so dont want to start a new thread.

What is the hardest RTA that you ever did a build on? Like hard to reach screws, little room etc. Or if there is such a thing these days, coz i would assume, by now the companies have pretty much nailed the RTA/RDA stuff.
Probably the original Ithaca from GG . It involved joining NR R NR wires and some tricky wicking . When you nailed it, it was worth it.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

What is the hardest RTA/RDA that you ever did a build on? Like hard to reach screws, little room etc. Or if there is such a thing these days, coz i would assume, by now the companies have pretty much nailed the RTA/RDA stuff.
Moonshot 22mm needs mirrored dual coils. One goes clockwise; the other counterclockwise. You can do it with both the same but it interferes with wicking. The legs also have to be bent at about a 45 degree angle. All on a spinning deck that won't be still even on a build stand unless a paper clip or something is inserted through the airflow system. First class pain in the ... to build but the flavor will roll socks and curl eyelashes.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada

What is the hardest RTA/RDA that you ever did a build on? Like hard to reach screws, little room etc. Or if there is such a thing these days, coz i would assume, by now the companies have pretty much nailed the RTA/RDA stuff.

A three post deck is where the challenges lie...

Anything else is easy, the only factors are diameter of the coil, and the bell, number of wraps and the wicking, which the approach can be specific to the deck/tank, but the basis is completely the same.

Anyone that has trouble with a two post or postless deck needs to return their "vape card".

:p :pervy: :D :rolleyes: ;) :cool::smokie:

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017

I have a narda clone and it is a pain to build on...but its the only rda I have for now LOL

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have a narda clone and it is a pain to build on...but its the only rda I have for now LOL
Try it this way...
rps20180228_191104.jpg
rps20180228_191129.jpg
rps20180228_191154.jpg
rps20180228_191229.jpg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I used Kanthal before TC mode became available.

SS316L gave me the option of TC or Power mode and that's a convenient flexibility. I can switch back and forth between TC and Power mode on the same coil. A 100' foot roll of 28ga SS316L on Amazon is about $5 and lasts me more than a year.

I'm wasteful with wire. I use a full turn off the spool to give me enough leg length to make a coil easy to install. Still, I'd guess that a roll lasts me a couple of years.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I did enjoy the article, I also printed the wire charts for quick reference. :thumb:

Thank you.

Though I can't take credit for the graphics - just the text. I wrote it over a year ago, so it might be a bit dated, but still accurate on the critical points.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A three post deck is where the challenges lie...

Anything else is easy, the only factors are diameter of the coil, and the bell, number of wraps and the wicking, which the approach can be specific to the deck/tank, but the basis is completely the same.

Anyone that has trouble with a two post or postless deck needs to return their "vape card".

:p :pervy: :D :rolleyes: ;) :cool::smokie:
Show me your Moonshot 22 build and I'll show you mine. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread