The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

White Copper Stingrays?

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by ModBox, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ModBox

ModBox Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 01.59.32.jpg Infinite Stingray White Copper.jpg Infinite-copper-stingray-mod-clone-white-stag-vapor.jpg

The first pic is absolutely beautiful. It kind of looks like a really light whitish brass - I don't know if that is a patina on it or more of a satin / dusted finish. I got it from the JDtech website. Anyone know anything about this? I also saw 2 other pics on the net that appear to be whitish copper infinite stingray clones. What model of stingray is it and is it some sort of copper/brass variation?

I wanted to ask JD tech about it but their contact for doesn't work in various browsers at the moment - the required subject options are greyed out.

Thanks

2. Ed_C

Ed_C Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 11, 2013
    Seligman, MO
    I don't think these are white. I think it's just the reflections/pictures. The first one looks like the brass 2014 or sometimes it's called the Phantom Brass Mixed Stingray. Brass tubes and copper/SS end caps.

3. ModBox

Dec 4, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Do you think it's patina phantom brass then? Doesn't have that usual stingray mirror finish - really like it!
    I thought that it could just be the photos but saw it on vineyard vapes advertised as that. Maybe they got it wrong.

More Stingrays Clones! Copper Stingray Clone Preorder $44.99 | Vineyard Vapes

Link doesn't work for whatever reason so you can't actually seem to buy whatever it is.

4. Ed_C

Oct 11, 2013
    Seligman, MO
    I think that was the copper V2 which is like the black copper without the black. It has the same design on the side. It's also does not switch engraving and it is not a direct, 1:1, copy of any of the JD Tech models. It comes with a polished finish.
    Infinite Red Copper V2 Stingray Mod

5. ModBox

Dec 4, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Doesn't really look like red copper though. Wish I could ask JDtech

6. Ed_C

Oct 11, 2013
    Seligman, MO
    The second and third pictures aren't made by JD Tech. They don't make a mod like that. Photographs can be misleading. I'm 99.9% sure those are copper and the first picture is brass with SS/copper ends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.