Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Man, I want to smoke so bad right now! I am craving a cigarette like crazy. My anxiety has been super bad today, my eliquids don't taste good to me right now, I feel like I just want to crawl out of my skin. Aghhhhhhh! Sorry all I just need some support right now :cry:
    You got it!
    What can we do for you other than hold your hand? :?:

Do you have "vaper's tongue" you think? Something set you off today? :unsure:

cbrite

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I don't know about grabbing a cig--"puff away from a pack day" is etched in my memory and in my experience. Can you do something to take your mind off it--drink some water and take a walk is what my chiropractor told me, but probably too cold for the walk. Deep breathing maybe? A shower (no kidding, that has worked for me)?

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
    Dec 19, 2013
    UT, USA
    You got it!
    What can we do for you other than hold your hand? :?:

Do you have "vaper's tongue" you think? Something set you off today? :unsure:

I am an anxious person in general.... Just really bad today and my mind wants me to think a smoke will fix it. I know it won't but they are here, beacause my husband is still smoking. Just a hard day! I want to be passed these cravings! They don't come as often anymore but sometimes I still have crazy cravings!

NiNi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paulden, Arizona
    Sounds like you could use a higher nic juice for your cravings........rule of thumb: a bottle of higher nic e juice JUST IN CASE!!!!!
    And vaper's tongue could be in the mix too, lots of ideas for combating it, brushing your teeth and tongue, Biotene rinse, jalapenos, MORE water......!
    CHAIN VAPE!!!!!:ohmy:

If you need to, grab a cig as suggested, but don't be surprised if it tastes pretty nasty....it's not the one's you smoke, it's the one's you DON'T that count ;)

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 3, 2014
    Swoyersville, PA
    If you really are having a bad time, have a cigarette. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but it does no good to drive yourself crazy. Besides you may find that it tastes horrible. Good luck!

I agree. Just starting out, I would recommend a cigarette every 2 weeks or so. It's a bi-weekly reminder of how nasty they taste and gets your more motivated to stick with it. My first cigarette after starting to vape, I lasted 4 drags, My second, I lasted 2 and a half. It's keeping me hooked on vaping.

To the OP, good luck with your stress, I'm sorry I can't help.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I am an anxious person in general.... Just really bad today and my mind wants me to think a smoke will fix it. I know it won't but they are here, beacause my husband is still smoking. Just a hard day! I want to be passed these cravings! They don't come as often anymore but sometimes I still have crazy cravings!
    Ah!
    I see the problem :)

Ugh, anywhere you can go for awhile; visit a girlfriend or something to get away from the temptation?
    Maybe go to a different room from him and chat on the phone with someone or gee ... even shut yourself up in the bathroom and soak in the tub? Whatever normally would "ease" your mind :unsure:

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
    Oct 5, 2013
    Kansas, USA
    kestra.zenfolio.com
    I still get a miscellaneous craving once in a while too - more for the relaxing ritual than anything, I think.....I will sometimes use a cigalike when that happens - now that I'm used to the yummy flavors in my PV's/cartos, a cigalike tastes and feels much more like a "real" cig, and that seems to work for me. Still have several V2s, which aren't bad.

NiNi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paulden, Arizona

I feel ya on that one, BF has been stealth smoking lately and he never quit his nasty cigars...grrrrr! Can smell the cig smoke on him when he comes inside.
    The cravings are going to come, I get them even at just over a year, but just hit the higher nic juice. It's not so much the "physical" as the "mental" craving........try to get yourself occupied with something, anything! If you can get past grabbing for a cig, wonderful, if not, don't kick yourself. You've spent years nurturing your analog habit, it's the hardest to kick, but you can do it!:)

Rosenec

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    I to have been smoke free for 2 1/2 month. I also have terrible cravings some times. When things got stressful in the past I would always have a cigarette to clear my head. There have been moments this week I felt like grabbing one of the wife's and walking out side. I didn't. Try grabbing your favorite mod/juice going in you bedroom closing the door and vaping in quite for 20+ minutes. This has helped me.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2014
    Utah
    Chain vaping for sure! I think the 24 mg may not be the worst idea right now. I usually don't use it but I guess I better bust it out. Gonna do that right now...

That is how I would handle it too. This is just me, so your mileage may vary, but although I don't beat myself up in times I've quit and slipped, I am always more confident and pleased with myself if I find a way (any way) to avert that. Hugs and good luck!!

Bramble

ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2014
    Utah
    Ah!
    I see the problem :)

Ugh, anywhere you can go for awhile; visit a girlfriend or something to get away from the temptation?
    Maybe go to a different room from him and chat on the phone with someone or gee ... even shut yourself up in the bathroom and soak in the tub? Whatever normally would "ease" your mind :unsure:

And sometimes slowly drinking a big bottle of cold water... your body might be craving that too...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread