White Knuckles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I just started 3 weeks ago. i'm down to maybe 2 a day. I have found they taste really bad now!! all mine are 24mg juices. i'll start stepping down in another week. taking stepps really seems to help me.

Awesome! I started stepping down right away with mine, probably a bit too fast and found myself having more cravings and that "fog of stupid" that happens with nicotine withdrawal. I've decided it's not worth risking letting myself get tempted again. I really would rather not smoke at all.

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
I just started 3 weeks ago. i'm down to maybe 2 a day. I have found they taste really bad now!! all mine are 24mg juices. i'll start stepping down in another week. taking stepps really seems to help me.

Step down when your body tells you!:) And keep some of that 24mg JUST IN CASE!
I didn't put a time frame on reducing my nic. I started at 24mg (had some 36mg, JIC) and found that as I "upgraded" to better devices, that amount of nic would hit me like a truck! I thought 18mg would be my sticking point *snickers*, then I got an eVic and SiD with Protanks (started building coils) and down I went......11mgs nic. (This is from a Camel NF and RYO Drum ex-smoker, major nic!)

Currently using a ProVari and kayfun Lt. The first time I hit that Kayfun, I thought I was going to pass out!!! I don't vape as much and am thinking about going lower.........."thinking" cause I have all this 11mg juice, LOL!

Bottom line is ENJOY the journey!

Add: January 10, 2013 was my first analog free day, haven't touched one since.......seriously didn't think I could do it!

Last edited:

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
UT, USA
I feel ya on that one, BF has been stealth smoking lately and he never quit his nasty cigars...grrrrr! Can smell the cig smoke on him when he comes inside.
The cravings are going to come, I get them even at just over a year, but just hit the higher nic juice. It's not so much the "physical" as the "mental" craving........try to get yourself occupied with something, anything! If you can get past grabbing for a cig, wonderful, if not, don't kick yourself. You've spent years nurturing your analog habit, it's the hardest to kick, but you can do it!:)

Sometimes when my hubby comes in from having a smoke, I have to move away from him because the smell will give me a craving. Makes me feel bad but it usually passes pretty quickly.

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
UT, USA
Awesome! I started stepping down right away with mine, probably a bit too fast and found myself having more cravings and that "fog of stupid" that happens with nicotine withdrawal. I've decided it's not worth risking letting myself get tempted again. I really would rather not smoke at all.

"fog of stupid". Lol that is such an apt description!

CrackerTeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Groton, Connecticut, USofA
Sometimes when my hubby comes in from having a smoke, I have to move away from him because the smell will give me a craving. Makes me feel bad but it usually passes pretty quickly.
Get him a setup like I did for my old lady. Also, show off heavily about being able to vape indoors. That won my wife over and now she is exclusively vaping.

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
UT, USA
Get him a setup like I did for my old lady. Also, show off heavily about being able to vape indoors. That won my wife over and now she is exclusively vaping.

He has a setup, but needs a better one. He does vape a bit but I think he will have better luck once he gets a better battery and a glass tank. Everything to him "just tastes like vape". I ordered him some crazy hot cinnamon to try at his request. I am going to order something new for him this weekend, I guess I'll get him a mini protank? That's what I'm leaning toward, anyway. And maybe a twist battery.

CrackerTeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Groton, Connecticut, USofA
He has a setup, but needs a better one. He does vape a bit but I think he will have better luck once he gets a better battery and a glass tank. Everything to him "just tastes like vape". I ordered him some crazy hot cinnamon to try at his request. I am going to order something new for him this weekend, I guess I'll get him a mini protank? That's what I'm leaning toward, anyway. And maybe a twist battery.

Either the protank mini, evod, aspire et-s will work nicely. Make sure to get him a decent sized spinner though so he can tweak and puff all day. Matter of fact, pick up two spinners so he has a spare.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
In addition to the higher nic you may want to look into some wta liquids. It took me aroung a year and a half to be compltetely free of a cigarette craving. I have been using some wta liquids for a month now. I am pleasantly surprised by no cravings and contempating quitting vaping. I wish I would have come across it sooner. My first puff of some and I had that feeling of the first cig of the morning without the taste.

I do admit I enjoy a cigar every now and then.

Whatsername

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
UT, USA
In addition to the higher nic you may want to look into some wta liquids. It took me aroung a year and a half to be compltetely free of a cigarette craving. I have been using some wta liquids for a month now. I am pleasantly surprised by no cravings and contempating quitting vaping. I wish I would have come across it sooner. My first puff of some and I had that feeling of the first cig of the morning without the taste.

I do admit I enjoy a cigar every now and then.

I have considered this. I think I may get some the next time I make an order.... I am looking for new flavors to try anyway.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA

If you like the spinners (I do), a 1300mAh Vision lasted me all day. You can get an iTaste VV v3 for 24.99 from here.

Personally, I would avoid buying more stuff than he would need (trust me, I spent over $100 on a Vamo V5, 3 18650 batts, and 2 chargers. It malfunctioned in 2 weeks. Guess I got a bad one). I would get an iTaste MVP 2. It's $45 shipped (got mine on Ebay from Vapinttown2013. AMAZING seller) and with the free shipping, it was at my door 2 days later.

If you choose the MVP, worst case scenario, he still doesn't like it so you take it for yourself as a backup. Works awesome with the Protank Mini 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread