Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
No I dont want to buy menthol crystals and make my own.

Ive been using FlavourArts Arctic Menthol but it has a weird "side-taste" to it that im not very fond of. I want menthol flavoring that is exactly that; menthol with nothing more. Menthol flavoring really shouldnt have any "taste" to it-it should just be the physical sensation of taking a breath of winter air.

Im not even sure what other flavor companies offer a menthol flavoring. Any input is appreciated!!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
-----

I also notice a side taste to Capella's 'Cool Mint' flavoring. It's not just plain Mint but has a flavor like spearmint or something that I don't much like. But I hope someone can come in here and answer your question because I'd like to know the answer, or at least some good suggestions. Good luck!

Edit: I do have to add that Capella's 'Cool Mint' isn't bad if you just don't over-do it. I sometimes add just 2 drops to 6ml of my fruit flavors and it adds some life and throat hit to it.

-----

Last edited:

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
I know you don't want to do the menthol crystals but hear me out. Wow. I've tried alot of menthol juice from different vendors and finally decided to do crystals.

I got mine from Goodprophets, like $5 for an ounce, (a lifetime's worth!) and my God, a tiny pinch in some unflavored kicks ... and I'm kicking mine I did not try it sooner! Also revamps my not-so-vapeable juices that I'd tossed aside...

I know, I know, just had to say... :)

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I know you say you don't want to use menthol crystals, but that's the best and cheapest way to get what it sounds like you want. In case you haven't tried before, it's really very easy too.

But I'll add another to the list of non-DIY suggestions, and that's the Menthol from Seedman:
Tobacco Flavorings for Home Grown Tobacco (about half the way down)

P.S. (edit) Without any other flavors to smooth it out, real menthol tastes very much like Vicks Vaporub - menthol crystals and the Seedmans menthol are no exception.

Last edited:

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I received the ECOpure Menthol in December, and I didn't think it was that strong, maybe comparable to a Salem Light analog.

I also have a sample bottle of Liquid Xpress Cool Rush. To me, this was much stronger.

Last night I tried a friend's Halo NewPure menthol. This is different, somehow creamy tasting, smooth. I could learn to like it.

I am not a menthol fan, btw... I typically just use it when I have a cold.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
I know you don't want to do the menthol crystals but hear me out. Wow. I've tried alot of menthol juice from different vendors and finally decided to do crystals.

I got mine from Goodprophets, like $5 for an ounce, (a lifetime's worth!) and my God, a tiny pinch in some unflavored kicks ... and I'm kicking mine I did not try it sooner! Also revamps my not-so-vapeable juices that I'd tossed aside...

I know, I know, just had to say... :)
How much is a pinch? I had seen the method to make a 10ml bottle with PGA, but don't have access to it. I have the same crystals on the way and just wondering how much I should put in 30ml bottle or 10 or 3. I want pretty strong menthol. I got some 24mg Turkish coming too and want to cut it with vg and mix in the crystals.

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
add about 8-10 teeny-tiny pieces/flakes of menthol crystals to a 10ml bottle; fill with PG. Let dissolve overnight. Shake well before use. Use undiluted, mix 50-50 with VG, or add to your 'regular' menthol to boost. Undiluted it will be as strong as a mentholyptus drop.

If you're after a tobacco-menthol, then Litecig 'newport' is very good.
If you're after menthol-only, goto Mist-stix for Kanger-made liquid

TTRP

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
add about 8-10 teeny-tiny pieces/flakes of menthol crystals to a 10ml bottle; fill with PG. Let dissolve overnight. Shake well before use. Use undiluted, mix 50-50 with VG, or add to your 'regular' menthol to boost. Undiluted it will be as strong as a mentholyptus drop.

If you're after a tobacco-menthol, then Litecig 'newport' is very good.
If you're after menthol-only, goto Mist-stix for Kanger-made liquid

TTRP
Thanks for the info I will give it a try got some unflavored and turkish on the way I want to try and blend to a tobacco menthol flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread